6

"Mummy hungry" Atticus whined from the new stroller I had purchased. "can you wait five more minuets?" I ask as I reach down and twirl one of his curls. "No" he huffed as he wiggled around in the stroller. "Atty sit up" I say to the slouching toddler in the stroller. He glared up at me and shook his head. I sigh and reach over the stroller and pull him up by his underarms and tighten his belt so it restricted his movement.

I ignore Atticus as he continued to whinge and I pay the lady at the counter after she scanned all the clothes I had put on the counter. "Thank you" I say as she passed me the two plastic bags. "Have a nice day" she said with a smile before serving the next customer in line. I kneel down on the ground and put the two bags inthe under catchment before wheeling the stroller out of the kids clothing store and head to the cafeteria.

I soon join the line at McDonalds and Atticus has settled down a little bit but was still whining and trying to get out of the chair. "Atticus settle down otherwise you can wait till we get home to have something to eat" I say making him shut up. I smile in success before moving forward in the line. After ordering and getting the food I wheel Atty to one of the McDonalds tables and sit down and pull Atty's stroller up beside me. I place the McDonalds bag and the drinks down on the table before opening the happy meal, I pull out a chip and pass it to Atticus who instantly started to suck on it because of the salt.

I smile and and pull my meal out of the paper bag and unwrap my burger before putting some of the salty chips onto it before closing the bun and I took a bite before turning to Atty because he had made some whining noises and had grabbed my arm. I notice he had finished his chip I passed him two chips from his happy meal and passed them to him. He took them in both hands and stared at the both of them trying to decide which to eat first. I chuckle as he finally made his decision and shoved them both into his mouth.

After I had finished my meal and Atty had finished his chips claiming he was full, I put all our rubbish in the bin and placed his burger in his diaper bag which was on the under catchment. I pass him his apple pop top drink thing that he had gotten with his happy meal and he instantly started to drink from it. I smile and walk around to the back of the stroller and undo the strap thing which made the back support of the stroller fall down into a laying position. Once I knew that Atticus was all good I picked up my McDonalds cup and place it in the cup holder before I wheeled the stroller out of McDonalds and decide it was time to head home.

After about an hour I unlocked the front door to Niall's house and wheeled the stroller inside before shutting the door behind myself. I pull the stroller up to the side and unbuckled Atty and lifted him out of the stroller before carrying him up the stairs, the childsafe door things were open since I hadn't closed them when we left so I had no trouble with them. I carry Atticus into his bedroom and placed him down on the small changing table where I pulled his sweatpants off and undid his diaper knowing it was needing a change and I changed it before I tucked him into his crib and walked out of the room shutting the door quietly behind myself.

----

"When I was out today I saw this little diner" I say as Niall and I sat at the table eating our dinner. I had given Atticus his dinner about half an hour ago before putting him back to bed. "Yeah...?" Niall trailer off waiting for me to continue "and I have a job now" I say and wait for his response but I didn't recieve one so I looked at him to see he had a frown on his face. "I've told you that I can pay for everything" Niall said putting his fork down "I know.....it's just I want to work again. I haven't worked since I went on maternity leave with Atticus" I say as I look back down at my plate of food.

"How many days did you say you could work?" Niall asked "I put down three so childcare for Atty won't be so exspensive" I say and he nodded "do you really want this job?" Niall asked and I nodded with a smile on my face "well I can't stop you" I grin and run around the table to Niall where I hugged him tightly making him laugh his contagious laugh. I laugh as well before letting him go. I skip back over to my seat and pull myself back onto the stool before we both finished our dinner.