25

*Charlie's POV*

"Atticus" I whisper to my baby who was laying in his toddler bed fast asleep, but it was time to be woken up since it was 6:30 in the morning and he had daycare. He hummed before opening his eyes "morning baby" I say softly as he rubbed his eyes "mumma" Atticus mumbled as he reached out to me. I smile and lift him off the bed and into my arms where I proceeded to rock him back and forth.

After a little bit I carried him out of the bedroom and into the bathroom where I made him stand up on his own feet and undressed him before placing him in the bathtub which I had filled with water before waking Atty up. Atticus looked up at me and began to whine but I shushed him. "Atty no crying" he huffed and sat there quietly as I washed him and after about twenty minuets I rinsed him off before lifting him out of the tub and made him stand up on the bath mat.

I grab the blue fluffy towel that was hanging up on the rail and dry Atticus before carrying the naked boy back to his bedroom where I got him dressed in his daycare uniform which consisted of sweatpants, a cotton t-shirt and a sweatshirt. I get Atticus to sit down on his bed but he had a different idea and laid down instead with his feet hanging over the edge. I smile slightly as I grab a pair of black ankle socks and slip them onto my baby boy's cold feet followed by his black nike sneakers.

"Need any help?" I hear somebody ask from behind me giving me a slight fright but when I turned around it was just a shirtless Niall who looked as if he had just woken up. "Can you get him breakfast?" Niall nodded so I picked Atticus up and passed him to his daddy before walking out and headed to my bedroom where I got ready for work.

-

"Hey sexy" I look up from the table I was cleaning to see Zach standing there with a smirk on his face "hey" I say as I give him a hug and kiss him on the cheek. "What are you doing here?" I ask with a grin on my face. "Thought I'd drop by seeing as I haven't seen you in a while" he said as he gave me a cheeky smile. "Charlie" I look behind the counter to see my co-worker Maggie giving me a warning look to say I better stop flirting and get to work, but I know it was only playful.

"I can't talk, I have to work" Zach frowned by nodded his head "when do you get a break?" He questions as I finish cleaning off the tables and headed behind the counter. I don't think Zach was leaving soon because he took a seat at one of the bar stools at the counter. "I've already had my break, so I don't get off until 9 tonight" he sighed and ran a hand through his hair. "Well Miss, may I get a coffee?" I giggle and nod my head before making him a cup of coffee before placing it in front of him.

"The rest of the money is a tip" Zach said as he gives me 10 pounds. "Why a tip?" I ask as I put the appropriate money in the cash register before putting the rest in my pocket. "For being sexy" I blush and move away from him to serve a customer that came up to the counter. From the corner of my eye I could see Zach smirking as he watched me and I tired my very best to ignore him and focus on my job but it was very hard.

Work seemed to drag on and the whole time Zach stayed and kept me company even though he didn't have to. "Zach you can go home now" I say as I walk out of the kitchen area to see Zach still sitting at the bar waiting for me. "I was just waiting for you" I smile and walk out from behind the counter. "Well I'm done now" he smiled and followed me out of the diner and over to where our two cars were sitting in the parking lot side by side. "Do you have work tomorrow?" Zach questioned as I unlocked my car.

"Nope" I say as I toss my bag into the car before turning to Zach. "Would you like to hang out?" He questioned as he scratched the back of his neck. "I've got nobody to look after Atticus" I say "hey it's all good, he can come with us" Zach suggested and I think about it a little bit before nodding my head. "Be prepared to get screamed at" He chuckled at the thought of Atticus knowing the young boy will be screaming at him while we're out tomorrow because
he hates Zach so much.

"I'll pick you up at 8:30?" Zach questioned and I nodded my head "sounds perfect" I say giving him a smile which he returned before stepping closer to me, he glanced down at my lips before reaching up and putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. "You look really beautiful tonight, did you know that?" Zach asked softly and I shook my head with a slight blush. "Can I?" Zach asked softly as he inched his face closer to mine, I nod and look down at his lips and before I knew it he was putting them against mine.