Chapter 22

Three months later

"Let's go out tonight," Owen said walking into their hotel room.
"Ok," Alice smiled.

Owen put on some shorts and a shirt. Alice put on a summery dress.
"So where are we going,?" Alice asked as they walked down the streets.
"A margarita bar," Owen smirked.
"Just like our first date," Alice smiled. Owen nodded. They ordered their drinks and sat down. Owen watched Alice as she drank her drink. All of a sudden Alice began choking. Owen quickly got up and began to pat her back.
"I..swallowed...something....weird," she coughed. Owen dove to the hospital. Owen talked outside to the doctor while Alice sat on a bed. Then the doctor walked in.
"We're going to scan your throat to see what you drank," the doctor helped Alice into a strange machine. Alice waited while she was scanned then she climbed off and went to the room where her scans were meant to be . The room was dark so you could see the glow of the scans. She saw a folder with her name on and opened it. There was a single paper yacht said turn around. Alice turned around. She gasped. Owen was on one knee holding her scan, and in  her throat was a diamond ring.
"Alice Fay, will you marry-"
"Yes!" Alice hugged him. Owen stood up and kissed her.
"You weren't meant to swallow the ring," Owen laughed.
"Well then let's get it out," Alice said walking to a doctor. Alice sat on the table with her arms crossed.
"That looks horrible," Alvie stared at the long pole with a magnet on.
"It's going to be a bit uncomfortable," the doctor said. Alice opened her mouth and the pole went down. Alice gagged a bit as they wiggled the pole around. She held onto Owens hand until they pulled the ring out. The doctors cleaned it and gave it to Owen. He put it on Alice's finger. Alice smiled at him.