Chapter 30

"You're asking me to choose between my child or my wife?" Owen asked his voice.
"I know it's hard,but you need to choose soon else they'll both die," the doctor said. Suddenly a woman walked out.
"Don't make that poor man choose," she said.
"Dr.Emery,"she shook Owens hand.
"Can you save them both?" Owen was desperate.
"I will try my best," she promised. Owen nodded.
"Come on doctor," she walked into the OR with the guy.

"Why couldn't you have just taken her out in surgery?" Alice asked.
"We need to get her out naturally," Dr.Emery said.
"Is there anything wrong with her?" Alice asked.
"We need to see when she's out,ok now push," Dr.Emery ordered.
"Owen it's too hard,I can't do it!" Alice cried.
"Yes you can," Owen held her hand.
"One more push!" Emery yelled. Alice screamed. Then Emery lifted the baby.
"Oh dear," Emery whispered.
"Is she ok? Why isn't she crying?" Alice panicked.
"We're just going to clean her up," Emery walked out the room with the baby.
"Owen," Alice whispered.
"I know," Owen replied grimly. Several minutes later she returned with the baby in an incubator.
"Why is she in there?" Owen asked.
"She's just to little,she can't breathe in her own,I'm so sorry," the doctor said.
"So when you take she's out she's dead?" Alice whispered.
"I'll take her out and let you hold her as she passes," Emery picked up the baby. She passed her to Owen. Owen stared at her for a moment.
"I love you," he kissed her forehead before handing her to Alice. She held Alice's finger with her tiny hand.
"Hey, you'll never know me but I'm your mum. You are perfect in every way. I love you so much," Alice sobbed.
"It might take a few minutes," Emery said. Alice held her baby as she cried. The babies breathing began to slow.
"She let go," Alice stared at Owen. Emery listened fora heart beat.
"She's gone,we need to take her now," Emery said.
"No please,she's my baby!" Alice cried.
"Alice I'm sorry we need to take her," Emery took the baby.
"If we want to try having another baby nothing will affect it from this?" Alice asked.
"You can't have another baby," Emery sighed.
"What?" Alice stared at her.
"In surgery we saw your uterus was damaged,we left it on for you to have your baby but it has no use now," Emery said.
Alice held her stomach. Owen held her hand.