Chapter 7

Owen and Alice sat in her living room. Zara and Vivian hid listening to them in a closet.
"So what do you want to do today?" Alice asked
" I don't know what do you want to do?" Owen asked.
"Let's play matchmaker!" Alice sat up excitedly.
"What?" Owen stared at her.
"Ok, so I'm going to set you up with someone and you set me up with someone," Alice explained.
" I don't want to," Owen said.
"Stop being a grumpy pants," Alice moaned.
"I'm not," Owen argued.
"Yes you are," Alice argued back.
"I'm not being set up with a random stranger," Owen said. Vivian and Zara exchanged worried looks.
"Why?" Alice complained. Owen took a deep breath. Vivian and Zara came out the closet about to leave when Owen raised his voice.
"Because I'm in love with you Alice!" Owen yelled. Everyone in the room froze and stared at Owen. Owen walked out the bungalow slamming the door behind him. Zara and Vivian walked over to Alice who still hasn't moved from her spot.
"Alice?" Vivian tapped her.
"He's in love with me?" Alice whispered.
"Well it's what he yelled so..," Zara started but Vivian nudged her.
"I feel so stupid," Alice put her head in her hands.

It had been a few days since Owen admitted his love for Alice and stormed out. She hadn't seen him since. She sat on the sofa looking out the window watching the rain. Zara sat next to her. Vivian came in setting her umbrella down.
"Alice... Owens outside his house working on his motorcycle," she said quietly. Alice stood up quickly. She ran out without even putting shoes or a jacket on. Vivian and Zara watched through the window. Alice stepped down her steps.
"Owen!" She yelled. She was getting soaked. Owen looked at her before walking away fast down the street. Alice ran after him.
"Owen!" He ignored her.
"I'm sorry!" She yelled. Owen stopped and faced her. Alice walked up to him. He stared into her eyes.
"I'm an idiot, it was obvious. I feel terrible, I wish I could change the past and make things right. I-" Owen pulled her in and kissed her. At first she was shocked but then she wrapped her hands around him and kissed him back. They stopped when they ran out of air.
"I love you," Alice whispered.
"I know," Owen rested his forehead on hers.