Chapter 9

It had been a few months since Owen and Alice had started to date. Everything was going perfect. Alice walked with Owen to the raptor paddock.
"Bye, I'll come pick you up at 5," Alice kissed him.
"Actually I need to ask Claire about the paddock thing so around 6:30 but I might be earlier. I'll text you," Owen kissed her. She smiled and walked to the plains. She played with Patty for a bit before heading to lunch. She ate with Vivian in the control room. They laughed as Lowery played with his toy dinosaurs. Alice had no vet work that day so she stayed with Vivian until she had to leave.
"Bye," Vivian said as Alice stood up.
"Bye Vivian, and Lowerys toys," she waved at the plastic dinosaurs.
"They're not toys," lowery mumbled. Alice laughed and left the control room. Alice walked happily to Claire's office. She was about to walk in when she heard them talking. She peeped her head round the wall to see them when she saw them kissing. Alice felt her heart break. She stepped back in utter shock. She held back the tears in her eyes.
"No,no this can't be happening," she whispered to herself. She ran out the building before Owen or Claire could see her. She ran out onto the crowded streets her head was spinning. How could he do this? He cheeks grew red with anger. She was right about him being an ass. She ran to the control room in tears. She thought with the security guard until Vivian stepped in.
"It's ok, she works here," she said pulling Alice in.
"Owen and Cl.. Claire," Alice sobbed.
"Shhh, calm down tell me what's wrong," Vivian held onto her.
"I saw Owen and Claire kissing!" She blurted out. Vivian let go.
"Oh Alice I'm sorry," Vivian said.