Chapter 6: Getting to know each other

Victoria:

I woke up by the sound of my alarm clock. Why did I set it on a Saturday? That's when all the events of yesterday came rushing back. 

I had a daughter. 

I planned to take her out all day so I woke up early to get ready. That's when I remembered another thing. Emily only slept 7 hours last night. She kept waking up sobbing and not even knowing it. I decided to let her sleep in. While I was waiting for time to pass, I got dressed and made her breakfast.

Yes, we can afford butlers, maids, cooks and all that kind of stuff, but my mom said we could manage on our own. Yes, I, a pop star, had to do chores. 

45 minutes later, when I just turned off my webcam from a video chat I did with my fans, I heard a small voice.

"Victoria?" Emily was standing in the doorway, rubbing her eyes. She looked exhausted. She had large rings under her eyes and her eyelids drooped. Maybe today wasn't the perfect day to be going out. 

I smiled and rushed over to her, picking her up placing her on my hip. She laid her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Hey sleepyhead you can't be going back to sleep!" I exclaimed. She rose her head off from my shoulder.

"I'm so tired though." She whined.

"I know but do you want to eat some breakfast?" I asked, trying to move her mind off of the subject of sleeping. 

"Ok I guess. Not much though." she replied.

I walked down the hall with her still on my hip and made it to the kitchen.

"Hey, there are my two beautiful girls!" My mom shouted, rushing over to us, making Emily flinch. She buried her head into my shoulder again.

"I think you scared her mom." I said, with a apologetic glance. "Emily sweetheart you're fine. it's just Grandma."

She raised her head slowly blushing and then buried her head into my shoulder again. What was with this child? What was she scared of? Or was she that shy?

Emily's POV:

I felt so embarassed! She scared me yelling like that. I hope she doesn't think I don't like her. It is just that I am getting used to living with them and I have become really close to Victoria.  I ducked my head again so no one would see my tears. I missed my real mom.

Victoria's POV:

I felt my shoulder getting wet while I was talking to my mom about plans to do today.

"Emily honey are you crying?" I asked intruppetting my mom. I excused ourselves from my mom for a minute and walked over to the living room. I placed her on the couch and knelt down on the floor in front of her. "Why are you crying?" 

"I miss my mo-mom." She hiccuped. 

I lifted her chin gently and made her look into my eyes.

"Emily, I am your new mom. I know it's going to take some time getting used to. But I promise, I am never going to leave you and I will always love and care for you. You have to trust me on this. Some days its going to be tough but we will get through it together." I looked into her deep brown eyes.

She gave me a small smile and hugged me. When that was over, I carried her back to the kitchen. I handed her crutches to her and she hobbled along to her grandmother. She stopped when she reached her and hugged her legs really tight. She was really tiny and skinny for a 10 year old. My mom sat her on her lap and she made her laugh.