Chapter 1: (Hospital)

Monica's POV: 

I was just making sure everybody was assigned to their morning chores when I heard a huge thump and a groan.  Could it be? No please Lord not Emily,! I feel bad for the kid,  she always was randomly hurting herself. I rush to the stairs and see her laying on the ground crying. 

"Emily sweetie, whats wrong? Where does it hurt?" I questioned soothingly. All she could do was point. I looked down at her leg and saw how disfigured it was, an ugly shade of purple started to form too.

"Oh my gosh! Okay hold in there sweetie!" I called some of the older girls that were around and made them call the paramedics.  I lifted her bridal style and rushed to the front door. One man paramedic lifted her from my arms and placed her on a stretcher. 

"NO!" she wailed, "Please don't leave me alone! I don't want to go!"

"It's okay Em, do you want me to get Alicia to come with you?" I asked. Alicia acted like an older sister to her ever since she came to this Girl's Orphanage. 

"Yes please!" she was still sobbing. 

 "Alicia!!!" I screamed. She came running down the long hall but stopped when she saw the paramedics. 

"What the heck is going on? No! Not Emily again right?" she asked. I sadly nodded my head. "She wants me to go in the ambulance with her, right? I nodded my head again. "Okay, here I go! We will be back soon enough. I will call you when we are leaving." 

"Okay, thanks hon." I patted her back and walked away. 

Emily's POV: 

 I closed my eyes when they put me in the back of their truck. I felt a tug at my hand, I looked up and saw Alicia. I smiled. 

"Hey, honey are you feeling any better? The nurse told me he just gave you some pain medication." 

I nodded my head and slowly closed my eyes. The medicine was making me very sleepy.

"He also told me that it makes you really tired, so go ahead and lay down and fall asleep and I will be right here if you need me," she said as she moved over to let me lay on her. 

I closed my eyes and fell into a deep trance. 

30 minutes later...

I opened my eyes to find myself in a bed with my leg attached to a sling on the ceiling. I looked around the room and noticed that Alicia was sleeping on a chair next to me. Just then the doctor walked in.

"Aaah Ms. Emily you are awake now, good. As you can see you broke a leg, but we wrapped it all up. He smiled. "You will be able to go home after a legal guardian over the age of 18 signs you out." He glanced towards Alicia and then back at me. "Is she your guardian?" I nodded. "I suppose you want to get out of here so do you want me to wake her up?"

I do want to get out of here this place creeped me out, so why not? I slowly nodded my head. He walked over to her and awkwardly rubbed her arm, she immediately opened her eyes. 

"Oh! You scared me there! Did I fall asleep?" she exclaimed glancing at the doctor and then making eye contact with me.

"Yes, you fell asleep," I said chuckled weakly. "And we need you to sign a form so we can go home." 

"Sure thing lovebug." She said getting up from her seat and taking the clipboard, signing her signature. "All done. Does Emily need any medicine for her leg?"

"We don't give pained to any patient with broken bones, but if you do have any pain Tylenol and Advil always work." He smiled at me, "Crutches will also be necessary for a least up to 6 weeks. Please keep your cast on and come back in 2 weeks. That will be all."

"Okay. Sure thing Doc. Thanks for your help!" Alicia called out as he walked out of the room. She turned back at me. "What are we going to do with you Em? We have to keep bringing you here." She teased. 

"I don't know. I guess I am just that stupid and clumsy. I guess that's why nobody wants to adopt me." I said looking down at my hands. 

She walked over to me and sat down beside me.

"Emily! You do not say that about yourself! You are very beautiful and are made in your own special way. You will get adopted someday and I am sure of it. Now come on let's get you home." 

I took my leg carefully out of the sling and let her pick me up. She carried me e down the hall but stopped when she saw a wheelchair. She placed me in it and then pushed me down the hall a little more until we stopped to use a payphone. 

"I just have to give Monica a call quickly so she knows we are coming back. I will be quick." Alicia said.

I sat there feeling like a complete baby needing to be pushed. I know I have a broken leg and everything but still. I waited until she was done and then said "I can walk it's fine you dont need to push me anymore." I think she got the point because she suddenly picked me up again and we walked out the doors. We cimbed into a cab and rode back home. Well at least its home for me. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN/: How did you like that? Please comment!!! Please&Thankyou!