Chapter 9: I Want To Go Home!

Victoria's POV:

We were almost there to the doors when I started to feel a tug at my arms. I looked back and realized Emily was being lifted off the ground from some random fan. She was screaming and was starting to cry.

I quickly looked at Max and he had the same pained expression on his face.

I tried to keep Emily's hand in mine, but her hand started to slip out and before I knew it she was free from both Max and I.

"HEY! Give the girl back!" Max furiously shouted. He charged at the fan and grabbed one of Emily's hands. He started to pull and so did the fan.

This was too much. My own baby girl is being treated like a rope. I had to save her.

I ran towards them and tried to grab her body, but the fan pushed me back, hard.

Suddenly the fan raised Emily even higher into the air and forced Max to let go. Emily was still crying and trying to break free.

She suddenly had enough and kicked him right in the face, his reaction to this was dropping Emily.

I tried to catch her but it was too late. She landed on the floor hitting her head with a huge thump.

After the fan realized what he had done, he smirked at us and sprinted away.

"Hey! Someone after the person!" I yelled.

By now, the entire award show was interrupted and they had to put it on commercials. I was so mad as I knelt beside my daughter trying to wake her into consciousness. The security showed up (great timing, note my sarcasm) and called 9-1-1. They then ran after the psycho fan, from the directions Max gave them.

After he was done talking to them, he turned around and knelt on the other side of Emily. He felt her pulse and made sure she was still breathing.

I then noticed she had blood dripping from her head. She had cracked her head open!

Fortunately, the ambulance pulled up right then and a stretcher came into the room. They quickly lifted her small body onto the bed and wheeled her away.

I chased after them in the lobby.

"Where are you taking my daughter?!" I demanded.

"Just to the closest hospital, ma'am." The paramedic replied. "You can ride in the back with her if you want."

"Okay thanks, I will do that." I followed them out and into the back of the truck.

I'd just hoped my little girl was alright.

Emily's POV:

I woke up to the sound of beeping. Was that my alarm clock? Then I heard weeping. What happened?

I squinted and saw Victoria sitting on a chair beside my bed rubbing my hand. She had tears running down her face. She didn't notice I was awake though.

All of a sudden pain came in full contact with my head. It hurt to move, breathe and think. What had happened?

I suddenly remembered falling on a hard floor and hitting my head. I closed my eyes and groaned because it suddenly became so real.

"Emily sweetie? Are you awake?" I heard the concerned voice of Victoria ask me.

I opened my eyes and tried to bear through the blindness of the light.

"Oh Emily! Are you ok? I was so worried about you! Where does it hurt? Can you move your head?" Questions started shooting towards me.

I groaned again and gave her a look that said Seriously?