Chapter 18: Hide n Seek

Emily's POV:

Right after dinner was done, Jazz and I figured out that One Direction was making a stop in LA in 3 weeks. After she fan girled I suggested we play hide n seek. 

Hey call me juvinile but who wouldn't want to play hide & seek in a mansion? And give me a break I was still only 10. 

We skipped down the stairs while I called Max and Victoria. They both showed up at the bottom in a matter of seconds. 

"We were wondering if you wanted to play hide n seek with us?" I said using my puppy eyes. I learned they always worked on Victoria. 

After a few seconds of it, they gave in and we decided we should pair up in teams. Jazz & I and Max & Victoria.

"Okay we'll hide first and you guys have to count to..lets say 200." I told the couple. 

We watched them sit down and close their eyes before we ran off. 

I honestly didn't know where to hide but then I remembered a few days ago seeing a door in the main hall that I haven't yet explored. 

"Come on, this way." I whispered to Jasmine. 

We tiptoed over to the mysterious door and I quietly opened it. 

Inside was a old creaky wooden stairway that had spiderwebs hanging across the ceiling. I flicked the light switch that was on the wall and quickly tried to wipe away all the webs before heading down the stairs.

As we got to the bottom an old sofa, sheets thrown over furniture, and a couple of boxes came in view. 

"Now what do we do?" Jasmine asked.

I racked my brain for ideas and suddenly remembered the episode of Sam&Cat I watched today. Sam's Nona had accidentally trapped both of the girls in the pullout bed and strangely was able to put back the sofa in it's proper place with the girls in it. 

So I walked over and started to remove the cushions off the couch to reveal a pullout bed. 

"What are you doing?" Jasmine questioned. "Wait did you watch today's Sam&Cat's episode too?"

I nodded mischievously and pulled out the bed. I motioned for her to climb on as I got on too. We pulled the end of the bed towards us and surprisingly it went down with us in it. 

"Now we just wait." 

Victoria's POV:

Once we were done counting we stood up and tried to listen if we could here them at all. This was going to be harder than I thought.

We went upstairs and looked under the beds, in the closets, in the bathrooms. 

As we exited the one guest room we bumped into my mom.

"Oh hi guys, what are you up too?" She asked.

"We're looking for the girls." Max responded peeking his head in the closest room.

"What! You lost them?!" My mom shrieked.

"No mom, we are playing hide n seek." I quickly reassured her.

Her face became calm again and she laughed. "Oh well carry on then!"

We decided to do the second floor since we started on the third. We did the same search and still couldn't find them.

"Woah these girls are really good at this game." Max stated.

"I know, and it doesn't help that the two of them are really skinny and small." I said.