Chapter 20: Rules enforced and surprises

Emily's POV:

It was a day until Jazz and I could be active again meaning walk, run, get out of bed, use our own legs and I was so anxious just to do it.

I just really wanted to get out of my "temporary jail cell" which I liked to call it and go swim and run around. My legs had gotten better but Max and Victoria insisted that I stay off them for at least one more day. Of course I thought different.

 This morning I woke up and I sat up thinking that no one would know that I'm awake and so I ripped off my covers, gently hovered my feet before the ground and almost stood, but then my door swung open and Victoria walked in realizing what I was trying to do. And so of course she lectured me and told everyone what I was trying to attempt and then everyone else lectured me more and now I have to be kept an eye on.

Yay! Note my sarcasm.

So now I'm sitting in the TV room with Max and Victoria by each of my side watching TV. I swear every time I move they both turn their attention towards me. It's like having two way over protective mama bears watch you and you are their cub.

I got annoyed by it soon and started to test their patience. I know you're thinking that's mean and annoying for them but if you were in my shoes, you would understand. And so to start I sat up and moved to the very edge of my seat on the couch and extended my legs. Yes now i know what you're thinking, I thought your legs were like unmovable and numb to feel and move, no not anymore! That's what I been trying to tell everyone! They are perfectly fine!

So without moving or putting any pressure on my legs because "they" would notice, I slid off the couch with my legs in front of me and landed on my butt.

"Emily what are you doing? Why did you get off the couch?" Victoria questioned.

I just shrugged my shoulders pretending to be focused on the TV show.

A few seconds later I heard someone get off the couch and footsteps behind me. A pair of hands went under my armpits and lifted me back on the couch to where I was before. It was Victoria.

"Mom, I wanted to sit there." I whined.

"I don't want you sitting down there though, getting off the couch is using your legs and you I don't want you to do that. Sit here with me and Max." She explained gently but I could tell she was starting to get annoyed.

I smirked to myself knowing that it was starting to work.

I waited a until the episode was finished until I did it again.

"Emily." Victoria warned right away putting me back in place but a lot closer to her. "What did I tell you, I don't want you doing that."

"Why not?" I asked all innocently pretending not to remember the reason she stated last time.

"Because I don't want you too that's why." She said.

I sighed and leaned back.

After Max put a movie in I noticed Victoria was intently engrossed in it and so little by little I moved away from her until I was perfectly in between the two. I slowly lowered myself to the edge of the seat and almost started lowering myself for the last time, but a forcefully pair of arms snaked around my waist pulling me onto their lap and holding onto me tightly making sure I couldn't get loose even if I wanted to.

"What do you think you're doing?" Max whispered into my ear.

I tried to pry away his grip but he grabbed my hands and held them down too.

"Answer my question please." He whispered again.

"Nothing! I wasn't doing anything. I'm allowed to do whatever I want." I growled. I was suddenly in a bad mood.