Chapter 5: The right twin

Songs for this chapter: 

Somebody told me by The Killers

Ain't it fun by Paramore

~

Kennedy King: 

"And you're okay with this?" Isabel asks. I decided to go home for the weekend and spend sometime with my sister and brother. Dad and Kory already left for vacation in Mexico so the house was practically empty. I agreed to drop by more often for the week since Ross wasn't eighteen yet and Isabel is only sixteen at the moment and Kory threatened that if they threw a party and that something was broken or stolen she would decapitate us all. 

We were talking about Ashley's return. Isabel wasn't very happy with the news that I delivered.

I scrape the end of my yogurt cup and shrug, shovelling the last spoonful of blueberry yogurt into my mouth.

Isabel's phone buzzes and she grabs her bag, shoving in her phone. "Parker's here. I'll be back around five, maybe seven it depends on when we finish setting everything up for, Adriana. Wait, actually i'll just grab my change of clothes now so I won't need to come back." Isabel rushes out the kitchen, her footsteps heard as she runs up the stairs.

Isabel has been planning a surprise birthday for her friend, Adriana, with Parker and a few of their other friends.

"So I guess that leaves us two," Ross strolls into the kitchen and I smile with a quick nod. "Guess so. Movie night? You can pick the movieeeeee," I drag the last word out with a grin, "Unless you're ditching me for your friends." I add with a pout.

Ross chuckles, shaking his shaggy brown hair at me. "Nope, it's just us two." 

"Awesome." I put a first to the air and he just laughs at me, dropping his bag to the ground. "I'm gonna take a shower and change. I just had soccer practice." Ross gestures to his soccer clothes before rushing out and up the stairs.

"Bye, i'm leaving! See you later! And Kennedy, we'll finish talking later!" Isabel yells and the door is heard slammed shut. 

I grab some microwave popcorn and a few candy bags with m&m's, skittles, starburst and stuff like that. I'll pop the popcorn when Ross is back. 

He returns with slightly damp hair and shorts with a t shirt. "Ready?"

"Yep," I hop off the stool and place the popcorn into the microwave. 

Ross is lounging on the couch, texting away on his phone. I awkwardly sit down and take a deep breath. He still doesn't know about Ashley's return. I had just told Isabel today and like I mentioned, she wasn't very happy at all.

Ross on the other hand, I'm not too sure how he will take it. 

My brother takes the popcorn and glances at me with a handful of popcorn in his mouth. "What?" He chokes out and I sigh. "I need to talk to you about something." He chews, swallowing the popcorn. "What's wrong? Did something happen?" 

I don't bother beating around the bush, "Ashley's back." 

Silence. 

Ross furrows his eyebrows as if he's still trying to comprehend what I just said. He's looking at me as if I just spoke in a whole other language.

"Ashley...? As in our sister?" I nod my head. 

He sighs, running his fingers through his, still, damp hair. "Why is she back? I thought she was gone for good." He almost growls. "Are you not happy that she's back?" I barely ask above a whisper. My little brother shrugs, not meeting my gaze.