Chapter 16: To end the night

Songs for this chapter:

Polarize by Twenty One Pilots

HeavyDirtySoul by Twenty One Pilots

Btw Thank you @StoleBizzle for the lovely cover on the side! :-)

You can also check out my new story Jungle Boy on my page if you want to. 

~

Kennedy King:

Okay, I would be lying if I said I totally wasn't drunk right now.

We were currently at some bar with a live band playing. In the end, Lee (Ashley Tisdale), Austin and Alexandra ended up joining Justin and I at the bar where my sister asked us to meet her. She even brought Evan, the waiter from when we first met up.

The band that was playing tonight was really awesome. It was starting to get late and Alex, Austin and I were taking some shots. Justin disappeared to get some more drinks from the bar five minutes ago and Lee was in the bathroom.

"We should really get going soon," I slur as I stopped dancing. I couldn't think properly anymore and my body was starting to get really tired.

I pull on Alexandra and Austin's arms and they follow behind me as we make our way back to the bar where Justin should have been. Instead, we found Lee ordering another round of drinks. "We gotta go," Austin tells her and she frowns. "What? I didn't even get my drink yet!"

Alex giggles and pokes my arm, "Blame the party pooper over here!"

I wobble a bit and Austin is quick to grab onto my arm and steady me out. "Have you seen Justin?" I ask Lee who shakes her head.

"I saw Evan and Ashley. They went over to the dance floor," She nods her head to the huge crowd of people dancing and jumping. I couldn't see them in the crowd so they must have been already in the middle or near the front.

"I'll call a cab, meet us outside." Lee says once she got her drink. She and Alexandra make their way for the exit. "I need to find, Justin!" I shout over the loud music. Austin nods. I notice is blonde styled hair is falling apart, making a loose end fall over his forehead.

We searched around for Justin, but we never found him. We've searched and called, but we got no clue to where Justin might have been.

That is until I saw Justin sitting at the bar, looking around. "Justin!" I yell loudly. I rush over to him, tripping over my own feet in the process, and halt as soon as I reach him. "We were looking for you!" I tell him over the loud music and he nods, holding up his phone. "I had no battery," He tells us.

"I'm going to text Ashley and tell her we're leaving," I mumble to myself, fumbling on my phone to text her. I don't think I spelt all the words correctly, but in the end I somehow managed to send her a text to tell her we were leaving.

When we left the bar, I could tell Justin was acting a little strange. "You okay?" I ask. The cold wind blows around us and Justin grips my hand tightly. "I'm fine," He mumbles, looking down at his feet. "Just tired, that's all." He says.

I don't say anything else and just keep walking to where the girls were waiting for us by a cab. "I think I'm going to end home, I have to record tomorrow and it's late." Justin admits when we get there. I frown, he said he didn't have work to tomorrow which was why we even went out tonight.

"Are you sure you can't just sleep at my place and leave in the morning?"

He shakes his head, "I promised Scooter I would go straight to his place."

"Okay..." I sigh. Justin gives me a small smile and leans over to kiss my cheek. He places his hand on my cheek and lightly rubs it with his thumb, "I love you," He mumbles and I return the words before he waves and ensures me that he'll be safe.

We all get into the cab and I watch from my seat as Justin uses Austin's phone to call his driver. We offer to wait for him, but he tells us to go on and Austin gets into the car, closing the door behind him. "We're all set."

The ride back to my place is filled with tons of laughing at things that weren't even funny.

"I'm tired," Alex mumbles, resting her head on my shoulder and I nod, closing my eyes and placing my head on the next shoulder which happened to be Austin's. "I wonder how Vanessa is," I murmur, thinking of our other friend who is in Spain with her sister.

"Let's go to Spain!" I suddenly spring up, making Alex jolt in surprise. We all laugh at her. "Shhh, i'm tired." She mumbles, pressing her head back onto my shoulder.

When we finally get to my building, we all her upstairs to my place. Austin half carried Alex up to my place as she sort of fell asleep in the car ride to my place. When we get to my place, I question whether or not I should knock on Cody's door and invite him over at three o'clock in the morning.

Before I could make any stupid decisions, Lee grabs my apartment keys from my hand and unlocks the door, letting us in. 'I'm going to crash soon. If you see me laying in the middle of your floor, i'm fine. I just didn't make it to the bed on time." She grumbles, heading right in.

I giggle, trying to muffle it with my hands and Austin raises an eyebrow at me, an amused look on his face. "Shhh," I whisper, still giggling.

Austin still has an amused look on his face as he drags his fingers against his lips as if to say he's zipping his mouth shut, he then throws away the imaginary key and I start to giggle even more.

I go straight to my room and plunge right onto my bed. Alex and Lee were going to sleep in my spare room and Austin planned to sleep on the couch for tonight since he gave up his usual sleeping spot to our other friends.

I don't bother removing my clothes as I snuggle into the comforter of my bed. There's a knock at the door and I mumble a small 'come in', not opening my eyes. I hear someone sigh and I fell the covers remove from my body. "Up," Austin's familiar voice says.

I groan, sliding right off the bed to the floor and force my self to stand up. Austin removes my jacket and I watch as he to my desk chair and picks up my pyjama pants and a top before throwing them at me. "Change," He demands. Before I can respond, he walks out the room, closing the door behind him.

After changing I sit on the bed and try to undo my hair of it's hairstyle. There's a knock on my door before Austin peaks hi head in. He see's me sitting and opens the door wider before walking in with a bottle of water, handing it right to me.

"Thanks,"

"No problem," He replies, sitting right next to me.

I notice he's changed out of his jeans into some joggers and a plain top he brought for when he stayed over. I lean against Austin's body and he chuckles lightly pushing me away. "Go to bed."

"Mmm, good idea," I murmur. I go back under the blankets and sigh in relief as soon as my head hits the pillow. Austin looks down at me for a few seconds and I bring my hand up, reaching out to his hair which was still falling apart from its usual style.

I run my hand through his soft hair, pushing the strands together. Our eyes lock and Austin slowly brings his hand up to my own, clasping it around my own.

He brings my hand down painfully slowly before standing up. I feel my eyelids getting heavy "Goodnight, Kennedy," He soft whispers, backing away.

"G-good n-" I yawn, before closing my eyes fully. I was out like a candle in the matter of seconds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Hiya!

Long time no update aha. Sorry for the lack of updating, school has really been keeping me on my toes lately and I've been super busy.

Lol this chapter sucks, until next time.

-Diana