Chapter 20: Bad decisions

Kennedy King: 

"Hi, Vinny," I smile at the man in the front desk of my apartment building. "Are there any packages here for me? I ordered something a few weeks back," I smile. 

Vinny frowns for a moment. Did something happen? "Um, Miss King, I thought you left?" He coughs awkwardly and this time I frown. "Um, yes, but that was only for the weekend, Vinny." 

"You left for just a weekend and now you want to move back in?" 

"What?" I ask, "No, Vinny I went on a trip with my boyfriend and now I'm back. I-i I don't understand." I stammer. Is this some kind of joke or something? After the trip, Justin and I drove back together and he dropped me off at my dad's place and I stayed there for another two days, continuing with Uni and all that, before I got my car back and drove over here. What could have possibly happened on those five days that I was gone? 

"Miss King, you came by and notified me in advance that you would be moving out. Remember?" 

"What?" I gasp, "I-i never said that! When was this?" I exclaim. My heart was beating fast. I never said this.

Vinny sighs, rubbing his temples. "You gave me a thirty day notice. Remember? You were wearing that red wig for your photoshoot? You said you were moving in with someone else! We even booked movers to come get your things over the weekend when you were gone on your trip. We had talked about it. But now that you're here, I should get your keys back." Vinny clears his throat. 

I don't move to give him back my keys. I couldn't even believe what I just heard. My mouth opens and closes like a fish gasping for air. "I-" I  say before I make a move to the elevator and head inside. I go up to my floor and rush to my door, keys out.

My hands are shaking as I attempt to open my door. When I finally get the lock open, I push the door open and gasp. The entire place was empty.

What the actual hell.

I drop my keys and walk around the place. My furniture, my vinyl record that I kept in the living room, the little plants I had sitting on the window sill, all of it. 

I grab for my phone and call Ashley right away. Red wig. Ginny's voice plays over in my head. She had done this. She was able to somehow get me out of my apartment building without me knowing. For almost a full month. What the hell?

"Damn it, Ashley!" I yell when it takes me to her voicemail. I grab my keys off the floor and slam the door shut before going downstairs where Vinny still was, looking a little worried. 

"Vinny..." I start in a restrained voice. I'm trying my best to stay calm, "Where did the mover's take my stuff?" 

Vinny opens his mouth, but closes it again. "Well... That I do not know. You said you had everything planned out, Miss King. I'm sorry." 

Angrily, I clench my fists tightly before un clenching them. How did this even happen? 

Let's start from the trip.

-Three days ago- 

The first night at the beach house, Justin and I just relaxed by having a movie marathon. We agreed to each pick a few of our favourite movies that the other had not seen yet. After, the next morning Justin had made breakfast and we went out to the pier and strolled around, had dinner and got ice cream to finish the night off.

Now, Sunday morning, I woke up in bed with Justin by my side. He was gently caressing my arm when I turned around in the bed to face him. 

"Morning," 

He leans in to kiss me, but I place a finger over his lips. "Morning breath," I sheepishly smile and he rolls his eyes before sitting up. "Fine," He pouts and we both get out of bed to brush our teeth. We brush our teeth together and fight over who gets to spit the paste out first.