Chapter 12: Friends

Kennedy King:

"You two still in a fight?" Grace asks after class. I nod my head, kicking at the pebbles as we walk. "I'm sure you two will work it out." She tells me with a small smile, patting my arm. A car honks and she pulls her bag over her shoulder, "You sure you don't need a ride?"

"Yeah, I'm sure. Thanks, Grace." She waves and I watch as she gets into the car and drive off.

When I get home, I dump my bag onto the floor and sigh. I'm so not in the mood to start on my assignments or study. I take a quick shower and then go to the kitchen to fix myself up some food to eat. As I wait, I check my phone.

There's a few texts from Austin, one from Cody and zero from Justin. I sigh, putting my phone down. We haven't talked in a full three days. I felt terrible about our fight, but I just couldn't bring myself to call him and apologize.

I stir the spaghetti noodles that boiled in the water, testing out to see how soft they were. They weren't cooked enough yet, but I moved onto the sauce. Thirty minutes later, I have a cooked meal ready to go and be eaten when there's a knock on my door. 

Maybe it's Justin?

I don't even bother looking through the peephole and just pull the door open. "Oh-" I say, deflated by what I saw.

 Ashley.

She looks a little shy with her beanie over her bright red hair and oversized sweater. "Hi," She smiles, but I don't return it. "Hello." I dryly answer. Gosh, Kennedy stop being so bītchy about it! Justin said there was nothing between them, why does my jealously always get the best of me? 

"Are you busy?" She asks, clearing her throat. 

Should I tell her the truth? "Um..." I glance back into my apartment before shaking my head and opening the door a little wider. "No... i'm not." Ashley walks in, taking a look around. "How did you get my address?" I ask her.

"Ross," She simply replies, taking off her shoes.

I lead her to the kitchen and offer her a plate, but she politely declines saying she already ate. "I really wanted to talk t you, Kennedy. Ever since i returned we haven't exactly bonded like I wanted to," She says with a slight frown on her face.

Yeah, that's because you were too busy getting along with my boyfriend. I think in my head, but I force myself to not snap at her.

"Right..." I say, not sure what else to say. If i'm being honest here, I do miss my sister. The Ashley before she met Justin. I'm not saying it's Justin's fault because he obviously didn't mean to come between us and I was mean to him because I always thought the worst of him so he got with my sister when he wasn't fully with her mentally. 

"Listen Kennedy, I would really like to be your friend again-your sister," She corrects, "I miss you and I know it's going to be awkward because you're with Justin now, but I can live with that. I've moved on and I really want this to work out. I know my return and Kory's pregnancy wasn't want you wanted, but we got to work with what we got," She gives me a lopsided smile. 

I chuckle a bit, "Yeah... I guess we do." 

"So.... friends?" 

It takes me a few seconds to think this over. 

"Yeah... friends." I tell her with a tiny smile.

A big grin covers her face and she squeals. "I have so much to tell you!" 

And for the rest of the night Ashley tells me about Evan, the guy she met at the restaurant the night we were reunited, and we catch up. I guess I kinda did miss my sister. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

GUYS THE JUSTIN BIEBER TATTOO SWEATSHIRT THAT MY DAD ORDERED ME JUST CAME IN TODAY AND IM SO HAPPY :-))) 

I have so much homework to do I shouldn't even be updating today omg thats why this chapter is so short. 

-Diana