Chapter 30: Restart

Justin Bieber: 

I pace back and forth, running my fingers through my hair. I've given away all the booze in my house to Scooter, making sure they were as far away from me as possible and out of my sight. There is no way I'm going to drink anytime soon. Not for awhile, at least. Not until all of this is figured out.

It's been three whole months and Kennedy King has been distant with me, despite our agreement to our new friendship. 

I wanted to call and check up on her, but I wasn't' even sure if I deserved a minute of her time at this point. I missed her so damn much, but I knew she still needed her space. 

Not to mention i've been kept busy with baby plans and trying not to screw up again in the public eye to call her up and try to catch up. Can you image how awkward it would be? We haven't talked in three whole months so I can imagine that our little reunion wouldn't be anything spectacular. 

The media and public haven't been a little confused about where we stood in our relationship and honestly, I was too. I know we are now friends, but I still consider her more than a friend. I love her and I don't think I'll ever stop, despite the things I've done. 

I really could go for a drink right now, but like I mentioned before, all my alcohol is gone and I've been going strong for three months. I need a distraction from all this baby talk. I almost call Chris, but decide against it. I know I hated the guy before, but we've been getting along much more and since he's dating Lee when I was with Kennedy, we had to hangout. 

Just call her, Justin. She doesn't hate you... that much. The voice in my head speaks up. 

You don't know that, we haven't even talked in three months. I snap back to myself. Great, i'm sober and already talking to myself. That's just fantastic. 

Before I can give it another thought, I'm out the door, leaving my phone behind. I've already grabbed my jacket and slung it over myself and started walking with my head down. I wasn't sure where I was going, just anywhere out of that house.

I end up walking for a long time until i'm outside a coffeeshop i've never seen before. Sighing, I enter the shop, letting the smell of brewed coffee and sweets engulf me. The place was small, but cozy. 

The place wasn't even that crowded, filled with only a few people spread out in the coffee shop. I trudge to the front where a girl with bright orange hair stood in an apron and name tag reading the name 'Jen'.  

Jen looks a little in awe at first, probably recognizing who I was. Before she can even greet me, I mutter an order of a coffee and she nods, telling me the exact price. I pay, and she tells me to take a seat somewhere in the shop and someone would come by to give me my order.

A few minutes later, a hot beverage was placed in front of me with some sort of pastry. Glancing at the extra food in confusion, I look up to correct the person about my order when I realize who was standing right in front of me. "Oh, I didn't order-" 

"I know," She answers, looking at me with those light blue eyes that I adore so much.

My lips part, "Kennedy," I let out, unsure what else to say. I feel a little starstruck, seeing her for the first time in three months. I didn't even know she got a job here. 

She pushes back a strand of hair that has escaped from her high ponytail. "I get off from my shift in five minutes... do you think it's okay if we talk?" 

I reply without missing a beat. "Of course." 

She smiles before walking off to the back of the coffeeshop and I wait another five, long minutes that felt like hours until she returned. This time, she wasn't wearing a black apron and a name tag, but a white t shirt and black skinny jeans. 

Kennedy slips into the seat across from me and I sigh. She looked so calm and relax yet somehow I was so fidgety and anxious. I wiped my sweaty hands against my pants in hopes to get rid of the feeling. 

Without another thought, I say the first that that comes to mind. "I miss you," 

Kennedy looks in shock from the words that I threw at her in the moment. Her lips part as if she's trying to form words, but can't. "You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to let you know." I tell her softly. 

To my surprise, she shakes her head. "I-i miss you too." She stutters.

My eyes light up from her words and I feel my stomach bubble from the good feeling I got when she said those four words. 

I feel all my problems be pushed aside for the those few moments, enjoying the way Kennedy was blushing from across from me. Ashley, the baby, my music and all the other things I'm always worried about are out of my head and all I can seem to focus on is Kennedy.

Slowly, I reach over to grab her head on the table, lightly rubbing the back of her hand with my thumb. Kennedy smiles and I squeeze her hand gently. "Are you willing to give us another try yet?" I know it might be too soon, but we've spent three months apart from each other. I want to get to know her all over again, right from the start.

She looks hesitant and unsure about my offer, but she nods with a small smile playing on her lips. "Yeah, I would love that," She says, but then adds. "But we have to get this slow. I'm not willing to do this unless we take it slow and just... start over." 

"Right from the beginning." I smile. 

I already have an idea of a perfect 'first' date with Kennedy. Let's just hope I don't screw up. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Yayyyy Justin and Kennedy are slowly reforming their relationship, but don't worry there's more drama to come of course! haha

Vote, comment and add if you want to!

-Diana