Chapter 18: Idea

Kennedy King: 

"You've been avoiding me. Fess up," Is the first thing I say. My arms are crossed over my chest and I have a determined look on my face which means business. I refuse to let Justin just avoid me like this. If something happened that could affect  our relationship, I need to know. 

Justin runs his hands over his face with a sigh and I feel my heart start to beat faster. 

"Kennedy, I swear didn't mean to-" 

"Oh my god," I gasp lowly. 

A look of distress and worry appears on his face. "Wait wait wait, before you jump to conclusion, Kennedy please." Justin practically begs, taking a few steps closer. "Just tell me what happened, Justin." 

Justin can see the desperation and let's out another sigh before nodding his head. "Okay, yeah. Just sit down, please?" 

Hesitantly, I follow Justin to the seating area and sit across from him. He takes a deep breath, looking up at me. "It happened last night when I went to get more drinks." 

Justin's POV -Flashback- : 

"Four shots, thanks." I tell the bartender with a nod. 

"Coming right up," He responds, grabbing four shot glasses and starts to fill them up. 

"Ooo fancy seeing you," A familiar giggle is heard from right next to me and I see a slightly tipsy Ashley King grinning at me with that guy, Evan, by her side. 

"Haha," I reply. Evan orders a beer and Ashley gets a coke. I arch an eyebrow at her. "What?" She asks when Evan excuses himself to the bathroom. "You aren't getting something, oh I don't know, alcoholic?" I ask. The bartender slides my shot's over to me and I thank him. 

Ashley rolls her eyes at me. "Oh come on, that's in the past Justin. You know that. I'm drinking responsibly now." 

"Hmm," I hum, drinking down my shot. 

Ashley eyes them down and I look back over at her. "You want one?" 

This time, Ashley raises an eyebrow. "Are you trying to tempt me with alcohol, Justin?" 

"Maybe..." 

We both laugh and she shrugs, "One more won't hurt." 

"Atta girl!" I say, handing her a shot. We clink the shots before drowning them down and I offer the last one to her, but she refuses this time and I shrug drinking it down. 

Ashley is sipping on her coke and I order another round of drinks for myself, forgetting about my friends. "Woah, slow down over there tiger," Ashley says as I drink down another four shots. 

"This? This is nothing," I grin. "Another four shots!" I call out to the bartender who nods. Ashley laughs, shaking her head at me and I chuckle, bobbing my head to the music. I was no doubt drunk. I had quite a few drinks and these shots were just adding onto it.

Four more shots were set down and I've drowned them all in the matter of seconds. Before I can even order another round, Ashley places  hand on my shoulder, pulling me back. I stumble, backing up into her. "Woah!"I laugh and Ashley frowns. "That's enough," 

I pout, "What? No, come on! I came here to par-tayyyyyy!" I shout and the people around the bar cheer, raising their glasses. 

Ashley shakes her head, not having it. "No, I'm cutting you off. It's for your own good." She says and I sigh. I feel like a kid who's mom won't buy him the sugar filled sweets he wanted.

"Party pooper," I mumble childishly and Ashley giggles and sends me a small smile that looked so much like Kennedy's. Well they are twins, dumbass. I tell myself. Sometimes it amazes me how much they are alike yet so different.