Chapter 6: Nervous

THANK U TO clorisxo  FOR THE COVER!! Love it love it

If you have any covers u can send them in and I might use them! :-)
Kennedy King:

It's been a week and I've been going back and forth between school and my dad's place. "Soccer practice, gotta go." Ross rushes past me with his bag slung over his shoulder. "Come back for dinner! Dad and Kory will be back tonight so we're having dinner together." I remind him.

Ross gives me a thumbs up and go's out the door and hops into one of his friend's car and they speed off.

I pick up my bag and head out the door. Cody asked to meet up at the library to study for an upcoming exam we had and I agreed to come. We've been hanging out a bit between and after our classes. He's nice and apparently an amazing cook/baker. His mom owns a bakery and he spent lots of time there after school when he was younger which explains why those cookies he brought by a while ago were so delicious.

"Hey," Cody smiles when I reach campus.

"Hi. Ready to study?" Cody nods his head making his dark hair fall in front of his eyes and we head towards to the library on campus. "How'd your paper come along?" Cody asks, opening the door. He let's me go in first.

"Good. I'm actually kinda nervous to hand it in." I chuckle, plopping my things down into a chair. We take our things out and Cody sits right across from me. "Really? I don't think you should be nervous. I'm sure your paper will sweep Professor Samuels off his feet," Cody chuckles, "I, on the other hand, will have a much harder time doing that. The man practically hates me."

I shrug, "You did come late to his class."

"That was once!"

Cody throws his hands up in frustration and shakes his head at me which makes me laugh.

Cody has long noodle-y arms, he's also quite tall being 6'4. He's not really buff, but he does have broad shoulders. Other than that he's one skinny noodle-y dude.

A good three hours into our study session, my phone starts ringing and I curse under my breath for not putting it on silence. Cody glances up from his textbook with a smile, "You can answer that if you like. I'll get us something to drink." He pushes back his chair and stands up, hovering over the table. The table only reaches up to the beginning of his thigh.

Wow, these tables are short.

I pull out my phone out and press the answer button. I didn't recognize the number. "Hello?"

"Hey, Kennedy."

"Ashley?"

"Yeah, hope you don't mind. I got your number from Justin." I bit down on my lower lip. "Is that so?"

"Mhm. I hope you don't mind, I asked him to hang out today," She replies cooly and I clench my other hand into a fist. Calm down, Kennedy. You're acting over something so silly. The voice in my head reminds me.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask if you it was okay for me to get in contact with dad and everyone.. unless you haven't told them that I returned?"

"No.. I did. Dad and Kory are in Mexico, but they probably returned by now. We were supposed to have a family dinner tonight."

"Perfect. I should drop by, say hi and everything. I really need to try and reconnect with our family. Just like old times, yeah Kennedy?" I can practically hear the smirk in her voice as she laughs.

I awkwardly chuckle, "Yeah... just like old times." I say the last part under my breath.

"Hey, Ash? You coming or what?" I can hear Justin on the other side. I wonder what they're doing.

"I have to go. See you soon." The line goes dead.

I sigh, dropping my phone onto the table. As if on cue, Cody walks over to our table with two drinks in hand. He places one right in front of me, "Here ya go, I got you a- oh, is something wrong?" Cody frowns, noticing the look of distress on my face. "Yeah, yeah just tired." I sheepishly smile.

I guess the fact that Justin and Ashley were getting along so well after everything that happened just made me worried/jealous. I didn't like the feeling, but I just couldn't help it.

"We can take a break if you like," He flashes me a smile.

I nod and we start talking about different things. After a few minutes found ourselves talking about relationships. "Yeah, I was never much of a dater. Not that I wouldn't like to date, I just never found..." He pauses for a second. His blue eyes flicker up to my eyes from his drink and Cody slowly licks his lips, "The right girl..."

I slowly nod, "I see what you mean."

"So," Cody coughs, "You're dating Justin Bieber, what's that like?" He sits up straighter and I kinda shrug. "Kinda weird at points. Like it doesn't fully hit me that we're dating after I use to always think he was so self-conceited and a major jerk so the fact that we're dating now makes me wonder if I'm dreaming sometimes." I admit.

I remember when I never wanted anything to do with Justin. And now, he's my loving boyfriend of five months and I couldn't ask for anything more, but that.

Cody just smiles and changes the topic. After another hour of studying we both leave. I get into my car and sigh when my phone buzzes. Pulling it out, I frown at the text I recieve.

From Ashley:

See you soon, sis. Glad to be back... ;)

This can't be good, can it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

HELLO!

Sorry for the super duper short update! Kinda a filler. I'm so caught up with school right now and focusing on my English assignment and french homework. I also joined tech crew at school, this charity thing and the school newspaper :))

Guys, I have an important question ask. I'm not very athletic except for the occasional skiing trips I have with friends and tennis matches and here in Canada being involved with teams, school and charity is really important for our resumes. Especially the amount of charity we do.

I kinda want to sign up for a Lacrosse team, but Im not sure if I should... I've played before, but kinda scared that I will suck terribly and since I have super high anxiety im always nervous to try new things, especially when it comes to presentations, starting conversation and trying out for things.

Idk what I should do :/// do you guys think I should sign up to learn? Or should I just stick to tennis??

Thanks,

-Diana