Steve X Reader: The Real Steve Part 3

A/N: Yes this is the end of a trilogy. I hope you have enjoyed it. If you want bonus scenes, hit me up and let me know. 

Okay here is the end of "The Real Steve".

........................................................................................................................................

"Steve when are we going to meet her?" Natasha asked the man in question for like the 100th time. "You have been talking about (Y/N) for months."

Looking up from his work, Bruce interfered. "Nat, Steve should will introduce her to us when he is ready. Not when you are bugging him."

Steve sighed in relief as he sat down at the counter, eating his lunch. This wasn't the first time the Avengers have asked to meet you. Ever since he had met you, they wanted to meet the special girl who had won Steve's heart. He did want you to meet his new family and them you, but that would mean for him to reveal that he has been lying to you this whole entire time. 

You two have been dating exactly four months and 18 days. In that time, you have asked Steve about his job and his friends. He always avoided it or politely changed the subject. You were always accepting and patient with him, which he was grateful for, but he hated the look of hurt in your eyes. He knew you thought he didn't trust you as much as you trusted him. If anything, he didn't want to look into your eyes and see the betrayal and anger once you knew. 

Once everyone had left the room, it was only Steve and Loki. Surprisingly, the god of mischief had been a good friend for him during this time, since he was the only one who knew about the tags. Loki looked up from his current obsession, Shakespeare, and approached the conflicted man. He said to his leader, "You know I am one of tricks and lies, but in your case Captain, even I know now is the time to tell your lady the truth about your deceit."

Steve looked back at the god of lies. "I just don't her to hate me and leave. I don't think I can handle losing someone I love again."

"There is only one way to find out if she truly cared for you."

If Loki, the god of lies, was telling him to tell the truth, that means he had to do it.  It was the right thing to do. He only hoped you would still want to be with him afterwards.

......................................................................................................................................

You were dressed in your favorite causal outfit, getting ready for your next date with Steve. He had told you that you two were just going to chill tonight so nothing too fancy.

Steve...you mentally sighed. He was honestly the best thing that has ever happened to you. Ever since the first date, you knew that he was someone special. Someone you can possibly spend your life with. Though he was still reserve with you about a few things, Steve was the best boyfriend you had ever had.

On your bad days, he would always come over and comfort you. He would occasionally give your flowers and gifts for no reason, slightly spoiling you. Even after you had said yes, you two would always have the best conversations. Most guys would just tune you out after a while, but not Steve. In fact, he wanted to hear about your day and your opinions. 

You heard a knock at the door. Putting on the last touches (which was really nothing since Steve mentioned he liked you better without makeup), you opened the door and smiled at the sight of your amazing boyfriend. You pecked his cheek, which caused him to blush. "Hey Steve. Hold up. Let me get my bag and we can go."

Quickly grabbing your bag, you left your apartment and stood before him. "Ready. Lead the way, good sir."

He chuckled and did as you said.