Bruce/Hulk X Reader: Friends....Right?

You had just finished getting all your groceries when you got a phone call. You picked it up and said, "Hello?"

"(Y/N)! Have I ever told you that you are my favorite female in the whole world, besides Pepper of course?" Tony answered.

You narrowed your eyes as you held the phone closer to your ear. "Tony what did you do?"

"Why do you assume that I did something? I could be calling to see how you are doing?"

"It's because I know you. What did you do?"

"I may or may not have triggered the Big Guy and now he is destroying Times Square."

"WHAT?!?!" You screamed in his ear. "Why on earth did you do that?"

"Let's not get on technicalities right now. What we need down here is you."

"Me?"

Ever since the whole Ultron thing happened, you were accepted into the Avengers Initiative and got along with all of them. Bruce eventually came back and grew more distant with everybody. Everyone...except you. You were a good friend to the doctor and was able to bring a smile on his face, something people haven't seen in a long time. You were good for him as he was for you. You never thought your friendship would be tested like this though.

"Yes you. You are the only one who can calm him down back to normal. I already have someone picking you up so you better get ready to see Green Machine."

An agent picked you up from your place and was flying you to where the scene was taking place. This was the first time you have ever seen the Other Guy in person and you were nervous. You knew how indestructible he was as well as had a tendency to destroy things, but you remembered that he was still Bruce, your best friend.

You landed where all the police forces were and started walking towards the Hulk despite all the shouts telling you to stop. You kept taking breaths, trying to calm yourself down. The Hulk sensed a presence behind him and turned around. Once he saw you, he stopped punching and looked at you with that angry look on his face.

You never realized how small you were until that moment. You cautiously stepped forward. "Hey, Big Guy. Nice to finally meet you in person. I have heard so much about you from Bruce."

He was surprised at what you were saying. You can tell by the look on his face. You smiled as you continued. "So how come you decided to come out today?"

Hulk said, "You. Mine."

Your eyebrows raised considerably. To be honest with yourself, you did have feelings for Bruce and have thought about one day getting together one day. The thing was after the whole Natasha thing, you decided it was best that you remained friends with him. He needed that, you kept telling yourself that. Not another romantic attachment.

You approached the topic cautiously. "Yes, you are my friend. You're the best friend I've ever had."

"No!" The Big Guy stomped his foot, causing you to fall onto the ground. He saw what he did and picked you up. You smiled at him and said, "Thanks, Big Guy. That was very sweet of you."

He smiled back at you. You knew what you had to do. "Look I know you like coming out like this and having fun, but we need Bruce back."

He growled. You added softly as you touched his hand. "I need Bruce back. Please."

His eyes softened at your words and nodded. You smiled as the Hulk disappeared and the man you knew was coming back in front of you. Some of the agents nearby helped you take Bruce back to the facility.

A few hours later...

Bruce groaned at the light in his face when he was waking up. Someone moved the light and asked, "How's that?"