Phones and Birthdays

Tony was sitting down, leaning against the table, looking scared as one can ever possibly be. No one else was seen. I guess they all rushed out. I could hear my group trying to get everyone into the vehicles.

I walked over and slid down next to him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked me.

"I'm here to help you, think of me like a therapist for the next minute or so." I told him putting my hand on his knee.

"I don't know what happened. This girl made me really mad, talking about me, saying I played her and stuff. Then her friend yelled at me, saying I was a worthless piece of crap. I've never let my anger get the best of me. Why did it happen now?"

"No matter what, we're all human. Some of us just don't have the same ability as others. Everyone that was here, in our eyes, we're different. But if they knew who we really are, they'd see us as different too. There's nothing we can do. Powers can't stay hidden forever. You gotta understand that."

"So what you're saying is-"

"I'm not saying anything. Except, that if you want to stay here and have a not so normal life you can. Or, you can join my friends and I on our journey to wherever life wants to take us." I patted his knee and began to stand up.

"I suggest you make your decision quick, cops, ambulances, firefighters, and news crews will be here soon." I began walking outside, I hopped into the truck and turned it on. I unlocked my doors and the passenger seat opened.

We all took off driving away from this place as fast as we could. We were about 10 miles away from that place and I spoke to the person next to me. "So what did you do before your 'powers' kicked in." I asked.

"I was just a normal kid with a normal life. Two sisters, a mom and stepdad, 5 dogs and a cat. I'm leaving everything I've ever known behind."

"It's definitely gonna be hard, trust me I had to leave my entire life back in Texas. I loved it. It was the only think I knew, and now I'm young and traveling the world with my best friends. You'll learn to get used to us. We're not that bad."

"Thanks." He told me.

"Anytime Tony." I smiled.

We drove back to Miley's house to get some stuff we had left behind and then went back on the road.

About 20 minutes passed until I saw Aryn pull into a mall. "What the hell is she doing now?" I parked the truck next to her car and Kenneth parked on the other side of her. Everyone got out of the vehicles.

"What are we doing here?" I asked her.

"I want a phone. I have to do something with electronics!" She exclaimed.

"There is always a chance we will get tracked." Cora said.

"We can get tracked? How?" Tony asked.

"Have you seen technology today? You can practically do everything. Why? Do you have yours with you?" She asked him.

He pulled it out of his pocket, "yeah actually. I do." Yomi grabbed it and used her electricity to break it.

"Well, now you don't." Then she crushed it with her hand and threw it into a field next to us.

"Which means now we can get phones!" Aryn practically screamed with Joy.

"What about the other guys?!" He asked following behind.

"Oh no you don't! We threw our phones out the first day we were on the run." Adrian said.

"And I want to protect my girl at any costs. As soon as I heard they were gone, I threw my phone out. I had to go look for her." Kenneth and Klee kissed.

Adrian look and Aryn and bent down to kiss her.

She leaned back. "Bitch did I say you can kiss me!?"

He slowly leaned back, "Nah I'm just playing with you." She laughed at him.

She grabbed his arm and pulled herself up and kissed his cheek.

"Damn." He spoke.

The rest of us started laughing. Jack slung his arm around me again and looked at me.

"Oh hell no! Don't even think about it." I told him, pushing his arm off of me laughing.

"Rejected!" His brother yelled. I laughed and locked mine and Cora's arms together and we skipped into the store.

After we got our phones, we went back into the cars and took off into another state.

We all had gotten the newest iPhone. The iPhone 6s to be exact. Well technically we each grabbed one of each phone that was brand now and that we liked. Aryn practically grabbed each iPhone 6 that was there, one in each color. That crap would've costed a lot of we didn't have Klee and her Compulsion power.

Everything was the same except Yomi and Jack were in the truck with me. Yomi was in the front and the boys were in the back. I didn't want them to be together cause they seem like they don't like each other. Why? Cause I just looked in the rear view mirror and saw them glaring at each other.

"So Tony how old are you?" Yomi asked breaking the silence.

"I'm 16." He said turning his attention to us girls in the front.

"Really? When's your birthday?" I asked him.

"February 12, 1998."

"Everyone is so much older that me!" Yomi said.

"Not Coraline or Aryn." I laughed. "They're still 15. With birthdays coming up really soon. What about you Jack? When is you and your twins birthday?"

"Ours is in January 23, 1997." He stated.

"Isn't it weird our birthdays are just the month after someone else's?" She asked.

I thought about it, Jack and Adrian's in January, Tony's in February, Mine on March 2, Klee's April 16, Yomi's on May 5, Coraline's on June 19 and Aryn's August 14. I don't know Kenneth's birthday but he's older than all of us, I'm assuming.

"Wow you're right. That's strange. No wonder we're all together then." I shrugged.

"What about you guys?" Tony asked.

I would've told him the answer but Yomaira spoke up before I did. "That's for us to know and you boys to find out." She turned back around in her seat and turned on the radio.

The song Cheerleader came on. "Oh my god."

"Change it." I told her.

"Yeah listen to her." Jack said annoyed.

"Please." Tony begged.

She huffed and changed it. Then Worth It by Fifth Harmony came on. Yomi and I looked at each other.

"GIVE IT TO ME IM WORTH IT." We started dancing in our seats like idiots.

"BABY IM WORTH IT."

"UH-HUH IM WORTH IT." We were screaming at the top of our lungs and I turned the volume up all the way, and rolled down our windows.

Just joking around with one of my best friends made me forget about our troubles, even if it was for a short while. But unfortunately we were stopped by flashing lights behind us.

"You're. Fucking. Kidding. Me."