Chapter Four- Unfair Consequences

Michaels POV

I sat in the hospital waiting room and bawling my eyes out. My little girl fell down the stairs and it's all my fault. I should have been watching her. "Mr Jackson?" a male doctor called. I rushed to him and almost trampled him in the process. "Hello Mr Jackson I am Doctor Josh Herbley" He said professionally. "How's Imogen? Where is she? Is she alright?" I asked, a nervous wreck. "Imogen is doing well but you may want to see her yourself. She's in room 2a36" he replied nervously and pointed down a hall. I ran down it as fast as I could and skidded to a stop at room 2a36 with my bodyguard just inches from knocking me over. I slowly opened the door and saw Imogen playing with a doll. I walked upto her and kissed and hugged her, relieved. "Hey baby girl I'm so sorry! I love you so much how are you feeling?" I asked worriedly.  "Um I'm fine but I need to ask you a question" she stated, giving me a confused glance. "What do you want to know sweetie" I asked curiously. "Who are you?" She asked blankly. WHAT!?!! No she can't .
"I'm your daddy do you remember me?" I asked frantically, my heart racing a million beats a minute. "No I don't remember you" she replied emotionlessly. A slight hint of sympathy passed her face at my heartbroken reaction. Was it amnesia? I wasn't sure but whatever happened meant she didn't remember a thing about me.

I left the room and stood in the hallway attempting to wrap my head around the situation but I couldn't. I cried hysterically from the unbearable pain those few words had caused inside of me. "Michael what's wrong baby? Is Imogen okay?" Mother asked worriedly as she ran up to me followed by all my brothers and sisters. She hugged me tightly as I bawled my eyes out again. "What's wrong baby?" Mother repeated after a few moments. "She doesn't remember me, Imogen doesn't remember me" I stuttered between cries. All of my siblings came and comforted me but nothing worked. My daughter didn't remember me.