Chapter Thirty Three- A Dark, Dangerous Place

December 1996

Imogen's POV

I woke up to the sun beaming through the blinds of my room at Aunt Janet's house. I sat up groggily and rubbed my eyes, it was 10:45am on a Saturday morning. "Knock knock" I heard Janet's voice on the other side of the door. She opened it slowly and smiled brightly at me. "Get up sleapy head, we're going Christmas shopping today remember?" She reminded me, walking in with a plate of toast. I nodded and grabbed the plate shovelling the food into my mouth, I was starving! "Thank you Aunt Janet" I smiled. She giggled and smoothed out my knotty bed hair. "Your Dad really misses you" she whispered looking away. "What was that?" I asked knowingly.
"Oh nothing, just get ready and we'll get going" she said picking up the plate that I had managed to empty in seconds. I nodded and hopped out of bed as she closed the door. I pulled off my pyjamas and frowned at my body. I had fresh cuts everywhere. My arms, back, stomach and legs. I started cutting again about the time that Dad left to go back on tour. I just felt so lonely and depressed. He had no idea that I had continued to self harm or the things that caused it.

The main reason was loneliness, that I couldn't tell him anything. It started out with me being scared because Lisa would hurt me a lot, that she pushed me off the bed and. It stopped for a while after I forgave her but started again when she began sneaking around with that Nicolas guy. I didn't tell Dad even though I knew she was cheating on him and all because I was scared. And that just created another reason. I began hating myself for not telling Dad the truth. It started as me not telling him anything to protect him but somehow ended in me losing trust in him. Maybe it had something to do with the people who tortured me when I was little. Before I was put in the orphanage. Because of my "parents" at the time, it was one thing for them to verbally and physically abuse me, that was traumatic but what Jake did to me when I was alone was a whole new level of trauma. He sexually abused me until the day I went to the orphanage. Not a single person knew and no one did to this day. I didn't know how I managed to keep that a secret but all of this is obviously taking a toll on me. Even if no one can tell.

I just stood there looking at my ugly, bruised and battered body sobbing for what felt like an eternity. "Come on, Imogen" Aunt Janet said as she opened the door without knocking. She gasped in horror at me and stood there silently for a few seconds. She just stared at my exposed body in disbelief, I was only wearing underwear and a bra. Suddenly she ran up to me and pulled me into her arms. I didn't know how to react and just broke down into full on hysterical crying. She cradled me in her lap comfortingly as she stroked my hair, just like Dad would. She lifted my chin softly and looked into my eyes. "Does your Dad know?" She asked seriously. I cried harder and shook my head violently.

"Please don't tell him" I croaked. "I have to, he needs to know" she said, her voice shaking. I shook my head in disbelief even though I knew she was right. "Unless..." I looked up at her cautiously.
"Unless you tell him" she finished slowly, her voice seemed dry, deprived of emotion. I nodded and bit my lip in attempt to stop from crying again. "Promise me, never again?" She whispered. I knew exactly what she meant, promise I wouldn't self harm again. "I promise" I stuttered quietly even though I knew it wouldn't be that easy.

She nodded and let go of me standing up silently and walking to the door. "Get dressed then we'll figure out what to do next" she said and closed the door. I walked to the closet and pulled out a pair of black leggings and a black dress with long sleeves. I got dressed slowly not wanting to admit that I would have to tell Dad about this. I sighed and pulled on a pair of combat boots and walked downstairs. I felt extremely nauseous and wanted to pinch myself, hoping this was just a nightmare but it wasn't. I stopped outside of the kitchen door when I heard Aunt Janet talking to someone.

"I know you're busy with the tour and I understand that Michael but she really needs to talk to you" Janet said annoyance in her voice. "Yes now! ...it's important okay" her annoyed tone was traded in for a breaking voice with a sob. "I'm sorry Michael, I don't know how to explain it. I'll get Imogen" she croaked.
"Imogen!" Aunt Janet hollered. I waited a couple of seconds and walked into the kitchen nervously. "Yes Aunt Janet?" I stuttered, nervously. "It's your Dad, please tell him" she pleaded me. I nodded and bit my lip as I grabbed the phone.

Phone conversation*
I- Imogen
M- Michael

I- Hi Daddy
M- Hey baby girl, how are you?
I- Um... I'm alright
M- Are you sure everything is okay?
Long Pause*
M- Imogen what's wrong? You can tell me
I- I.. I- I... hurt myself again
M- What do you mean!?
I- I..... Self harmed again

I pulled the phone away from my ear and went to run upstairs but Aunt Janet grabbed my arm and stopped me. "No Imogen, you need to talk to your Father" she ordered in a strict but strangely comforting tone. I shook my head and Aunt Janet sighed putting the phone on loud speaker.
"Imogen!? Janet!?" Dad was freaking out on the other end of the call. "Michael please calm down, we are both here" Janet announced exaggerating the word both. There was a sigh cut short. "Imogen you can't be serious" he exclaimed sternly.
"I am" I stuttered as fear entered me. What if he hurt me? "What!?" He hollered.
"I'm sorry, please don't hurt me" I begged as tears formed in my eyes. I backed away fearfully, Janet might hurt me and I wasn't going to risk it. "I would never hurt you" they both said in unison. Janet looked hurt, I walked back to the table slowly and on full alert. "How long have you been?" Dad was interrupted as a sob escaped his lips. Oh crap, I really hoped he wouldn't ask it'd only hurt him more. "Since you left for tour..." I mumbled, hoping to soften the blow a little. Another sob sounded from the phone and I saw Aunt Janet crying quietly as well.
I began crying myself and shook my head, I just made things worse. Dad was in hysterics which only made Janet cry harder and I burst into more tears. It was the worst feeling ever.

"I'm so sorry Imogen, this is all my fault" he cried regretfully. "No! Daddy it was never because of you" I exclaimed quickly. I really wanted to tell him everything including what Jake had done but I was so scared and nervous. I began hyperventilating and before I knew it, I fell onto the floor.

To be continued...........

AN
Poor Imogen.... will she be okay? I am a big fan of the drama so let me know what you think of it. Please vote and comment!

Dreamer_2_Believer 😘