Chapter Eighteen- Dancing Like Daddy

3rd August 1996

Imogen's POV

I walked down the corridor and headed outside. When I heard muffled cries coming from the library. I leaned against the door to try and hear what was happening.
"I know Mother but he's still family, he deserves to be here..... I don't know if I should tell Imogen" Dad cried. I pushed the door open and saw Dad on the phone. "Tell me what?" I demanded. Dad wiped his face, trying to hide the tears. "Um Mother I'll call you back" he said looking at me, still shocked. Dad stood up and walked toward the door. "I said tell me what?" I repeated. He sighed and crouched down to my height.

"A long time ago your Grandma had a baby. His name was Brandon, my older brother..." he paused.
"I have another uncle!?" I asked smiling. "Let me finish Imogen. After he was born, he got very sick. The doctors tried to make him better but it didn't work. Brandon was too sick and he went to Heaven" he explained as some tears rolled down his face. I hugged him tightly and sniffled. Then began crying, it was so sad. Dad pulled back and looked at me sadly. "It's okay baby girl, he's in a better place now" he said and kissed my forehead. Dad stood up slowly but I pulled him back into a hug. He stroked my hair as we slowly stopped crying. I pulled away and Dad squeezed my shoulders reassuringly.

"Dinner time!" Mum yelled from the kitchen. I grabbed Dads hand as we walked to the kitchen in silence."You're favourite Imogen. Lamb chops and roasted veggies" Mum said, placing the plate in front of me. I began eating and looked at Dad. "Are you okay Imogen?" he asked, noticing me staring at him.
"Why don't you eat meat?" I asked curiously. "Oh, well I'm a vegetarian but I eat KFC to keep my protein levels up" he explained, caught off guard.
"Okay but one more thing. What's a vegetarian?" I asked. "Someone who doesn't eat meat" Mum added, snickering at Dads reaction.
"Right" I nodded and continued my meal in silence.
.................................

"All done?" Dad asked looking at my plate. "Yep"
"Why didn't you eat your chops" Mum interjected.
"I thought they were your favourite."
"They were but I wanna be like Daddy" I said excitedly. He smirked and nodded. "Let's just see how long it lasts" he suggested looking to Mum. She sighed and nodded. "Let's go watch TV" I yelled and ran to the living room. "Okay okay just be patient" Dad laughed. We raced each other there and jumped on the couch. I grabbed the TV remote and turned on the TV, flicking through channels. Smooth Criminal caught my attention as it played on a music channel. I frowned and groaned. "What's wrong?" Dad asked. I pointed to the TV and Dad raised his eyebrow. "You don't like my dancing?" He urged, only getting more confused.
"I do but that's the problem. I don't know how to do it" I complained. He chuckled and stood up. "Come on then. I'll teach you" he said picking me up. "Okay okay" I replied, putting my hands up in defeat. For the rest of the night, Dad taught me how to do his dance moves, including the moonwalk. It was so much fun.