Chapter Nine- Another Star In The Sky

Michaels POV

I looked into Katelines hospital room to see her covered in casts and injuries. Her lifeless body just lied there, empty. She was connected to several machines, I felt so pained, I felt responsible for it. Imogen looked at her and I could tell she knew exactly what was happening. I placed her on the ground and she stayed silent. I looked at Imogen intensely as she walked slowly and stood at Katelines bedside.

She just stared at Kateline for a few minutes as tears rolled down her cheeks. Which made me sob silently behind her. Imogen bent over and kissed Katelines forehead.
"I love you Mummy" she whispered and walked back toward me. For the first time I noticed Lisa stood at the door, tears trickled down her face. Without saying a word she took hold of Imogen's hand and walked away. I sat in a chair beside Katelines bed. "You were my first love Kateline Maya Jackson and I will always have a special place in my heart for you. I just wish I was better to you, its my fault this happened, I'm so sorry. I'm going to miss you so much" I confided, holding her hand.
I cried, wishing that I had done something, anything to prevent this. After what felt like hours, I calmed down. I lent over Kateline, giving her a final kiss. "Goodbye Kateline, there will be another star in the sky tonight" I whispered before walking back to Imogen's hospital room.

Imogen's POV

Lisa grabbed my hand and I panicked. She hated me, why was she being so nice. I looked back and saw Dad getting emotional so I hesitantly walked with her.
When we got back to my hospital room I freaked out. "Please don't be mad Lisa" I begged and shielded myself with my arms.

"Imogen" she paused and I shrank in fear. "I'm sorry" she finished, apologetically. "You're what?" I questioned in total shock. "I'm sorry for everything bad I've done to you. I was scared to lose your Dad from my life and that doesn't make what I did okay but I promise I won't do it anymore. Can you forgive me?" She asked regretfully and I could tell she was being genuinely honest.

"I forgive you.... Mum" I answered slowly. Her eyes widened in surprise but she smiled and stretched her arms out. I walked into them and she held me in a tight embrace. "I really do love you Imogen, you are my daughter" she said and kissed my head. "I love you too" I replied, happily.