Chapter Twenty Three- Halfway Across The World

Michaels POV

I grasped Imogen's hand tightly as we climbed out of the limo and walked into the hectic L.A. airport.
"MICHAEL MICHAEL MICHAEL!?" My fans chanted loudly. I blew kisses and did the peace sign until we arrived to my private jet. We walked inside and I sat down on a leather recliner. "Michael honey. I think Imogen is scared" Lisa whispered as she sat next to me. I looked over at Imogen and saw her watery eyes and scared expression. I walked over and sat next to her. "What's wrong Imogen?" I asked softly. She jumped a little and quickly wiped her eyes. "I'm fine Daddy, just a little nervous, I've never been on a plane before" she stuttered.
"It'll be okay, you know what? I'm scared of flying too but I've done it plenty of times and nothing bad ever happened" I reassured her. "Okay, thanks Dad" she replied hoarsely with a small smile."It's not a problem princess" I smiled back.
"That's new, you've never called me that before" she laughed. "Well that's 'cause you're my princess" I explained. "Okay, I like it" she agreed. At that moment, the plane took off and Imogen squealed, hugging me tightly. I laughed and patted her hair. after a while i pulled away but she tugged on my shirt. "I'm not over it yet" she said, freaking out. I laughed again and hugged her back. Imogen fell asleep on me and I smiled. She looked so peaceful. I placed her on the reclined chair and walked back to Lisa who had headphones on. I tapped her shoulder and she jumped. "What's up baby?" She asked taking the headphones out. "Not a lot, what are you listening to?" I asked casually. She blushed harshly and passed me the headphones. I put them in and heard my song "The Way You Make Me Feel" playing loudly. I smiled at the memory and removed the headphones. "You like my music?" I asked smiling.
"Actually... you're my favourite singer" she confessed. "Oh really?" I asked, raising my eyebrow. She nodded sheepishly and I smiled. "I'll have to remember that" I added.
"Why?" She asked curiously. "No reason" I replied, smirking. Lisa shrugged, reclined her chair and went to sleep. I yawned and did the same, Lying next to her.

"Honey wake up" Lisa said gently shaking me. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. "What's going on?" I asked groggily.
"We just landed in Adelaide" she smiled. I jumped up and looked out the planes window as a huge grin spread across my face. "Well then, let's go!" I yelled excitedly and grabbed Lisa's hand. "Um Michael I think you're forgetting something" she reminded me with a giggle and pointed to a sleeping Imogen. "Aw she's so adorable sleeping" I cooed, not wanting to wake her. So I picked her up and her head leaned against my shoulder as I walked to the plane door.
This was the first time I had visited Australia so I was very excited. "Ready?" I asked Lisa. She nodded nervously and bodyguards surrounded us as the door opened. Screams filled the air as we walked down the stairs. Lisa and I waved to everyone and surprisingly Imogen lied against me still sleeping. I climbed into the car and buckled Imogen in. Lisa followed closely behind me and sighed. "I'm so tired" she complained and lied against me, falling asleep. She had been really tired the last few days. I could only imagine how this pregnancy was affecting her.

I looked out the window admiring the unfamiliar place. We stopped at a red light. I saw a young girl bouncing a ball next to the road. The ball bounced onto the road and the girl chased it.

I un clipped my seat belt and jumped out the car to get her as the lights turned green. "MICHAEL!" Lisa yelled from the car. A woman noticed the girl and pulled her off the road just as a car drove past and a bodyguard did the same to me. "I have to make sure that girl is okay!" I exclaimed to the bodyguard.
"Yes Mr Jackson" he replied, motioning for more bodyguards to follow. I walked towards the girl who was now being hugged by the woman. "Don't ever do that again!" She scolded stressfully. I tapped the woman's shoulder and she looked up. Her frantic expression turned into one of shock."Miss are you alright?" I asked sympathetically.
"I'm um... fine Mr Jackson" she replied distractedly. "That's good I was very worried, what's your name if you don't mind my asking?" I asked politely. "Oh I'm Lucy and this is Tanya, Kyle, Marcus, Ian, Emma and Jessica, I'm their Mother" she introduced pointing to the 6 children she was with. I bent down to Tanya, the girl who was on the road and smiled.
"Are you okay sweetie?" I asked concerned. "I'm okay! Are you Michael Jackson?" She asked as if nothing had happened. "Why, yes I am" I nodded and laughed. I shook everyone else's hand and arrived at Jessica who looked very shocked. I reached my hand out and she pulled me into a hug, crying. "Michael, I, LOVE, YOU!" She stuttered. I hugged her back and gave her a peck on the cheek. At that moment she went ecstatic and began crying.
"Well I better get going, it was nice to meet you all" I smiled pulling away from Jessica. I turned around and felt someone grasp my arm.

I looked behind me and saw Jessica. "Michael I know this sounds crazy but please don't leave I love you so much" she cried. I hugged her again and felt bad. I pulled away and gently held her shoulders.
"I wouldn't normally do this but I'm staying in Adelaide for a while so I will give you my private phone number but you can't tell anyone, only your family can know" I whispered to her. She jumped in excitement and nodded frantically. "Pinch me now because this has to be a dream, I promise" she said genuinely. I didn't know why but I trusted this family. "Okay, give me your hand" I said and she did. I scribbled my phone number on it and her eyes lit up looking at it. "I've got to go but I'll try and answer when you call" I whispered and walked back to the car.

"Michael, baby! What was that about? You scared me half to death!" Lisa hollered at the same time as tearing up. "Hey, it's okay baby I'm fine, I was just talking to the girl to make sure she was okay" I explained. "Okay but please don't scare me like that again" she pleaded, hugging me. "I'll try not to" I replied reassuringly.  I looked at Imogen and saw her still sleeping. Can nothing wake this girl? I laughed to myself and replayed what had just happened in my mind.