Chapter Fourteen- Wedding Bells

Hey guys I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to ImDeadInsideFam totally awesome, so please go follow them!

11th July 1995

Imogen's POV

"No peeking" Dad warned as he led me to a secret location with a blindfold over my eyes. "I'm not" I yelled playfully. "Okay you can take it off" Dad said as we stopped suddenly. I pulled it off and we were in a small caravan.
"What are we doing?" I asked confused. All the curtains were drawn and there was no way to see outside. "It's a surprise, now put these on" Dad said passing me a red dress and silver sandals.
"Why" I urged, pouting at him. "Just do it" Dad said sternly. I rolled my eyes and walked into the small adjoining bedroom and changed. "You look wonderful Imogen" Dad complimented me as I walked into the room.
"Now Karen is going to do your hair and makeup" he added smiling. "But-"

"No buts sit down" he said, pointing to a chair where Karen was standing. I sat down and sighed, why did I have to do this? Karen started straightening my hair and applying makeup.

"Now you wait till I get back, no snooping around" Dad said strictly and I nodded . He kissed my forehead and left the caravan. I looked at Karen and she shrugged. "Sorry sweetie I have no idea what he's upto" she said as she finished my makeup. I stood up and looked around not sure what to do until Dad got back. I spotted l a book on the coffee table and read it for a while. After some time, Dad walked back into the caravan and smiled. "Time to go" he said cheerfully. "Go where?" I asked innocently, pressing him for an answer. "Nice try Imogen" he replied as he tried to put the blindfold back around my eyes. I pouted as he led me down a gravel path and got me to sit down."Keep the blindfold on until I tell you to take it off" Dad whispered and I heard him walk away.

"Ladies and gentlemen thank you so much for joining us to commemorate this special day. If you will remove your blindfolds and remain quiet we will begin the ceremony" an unfamiliar voice announced. I took the blindfold off and saw a well decorated outside area. With about a hundred people sitting in long rows and a carpet led down the middle. I looked to the front and saw a flower covered archway, a priest and Dad standing under it. It looked like a wedding but it couldn't be, Dad wasn't supposed to get married until next weekend.

Suddenly I heard the familiar wedding tune and turned to see Mum as she walked down the aisle. Everyone gasped and smiled. Mums face was full of shock yet happiness as she reached Dad. They kissed and the priest cleared his throat. "We haven't reached that part of the ceremony yet" he stated awkwardly and everyone laughed. "Sorry" they said in unison, both blushing crimson red.

The priest gave a speech about marriage and what it meant before he looked at Dad. "Michael, I believe you wrote your own vowels?" He asked. "Yes... Lisa ever since I first laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. You are my true love. Every time I see you smile, it reminds me of how lucky I am to have you. We have been through so much together and I believe it has only made our love stronger. You are so important to me and I can't stand the thought of losing you. I want to be with you forever and always. I love you Lisa Marie" Dad said passionately and by now everyone was crying tears of joy, including me.

"Lisa do you have anything you would like to say to Michael?" the priest asked politely. "Um well this is the biggest, most romantic surprise I have ever gotten, thank you so much Michael. I just want to say that I have always loved you with all my heart. You mean the absolute world to me and this day is one I always knew we would share. I love you Michael" Mum announced, still crying a little. "Do you Michael, take Lisa as your lawfully wedded wife?" the priest asked Dad.
"I do" he replied firmly, grinning widely and placed the ring on Mums finger.
"Do you Lisa, take Michael as your lawfully wedded husband?" the priest asked, looking over to Mum "I do" she replied smiling brightly and placed the ring on Dads finger. "You may now kiss the bride" the priest announced joyfully.

Dad pulled mum into his arms and leaned over, kissing her passionately as rose petals fluttered over them.

.................

Aw what a beautiful chapter. I hope you enjoyed it my lovelies. Please vote, comment and follow me. I would appreciate it greatly.

Share the LOVE and peace

Dreamer_2_Believer 🌺