Chapter Ten- You Will Always Find Your Way Back Home

2nd July 1995

Michaels POV

This was it, weeks of hospital treatment had passed for Imogen. I stood at the gates of Neverland and smiled. So many great memories flooded back to me as I looked at my wonderful home. The one place I could truly be myself.
"Michael are you okay?" I turned around and saw Lisa talking to me. "Yeah just remembering good times" I said smiling. She nodded understandingly and intertwined our fingers. I turned around, Imogen was standing behind us silently.
She still felt that Lisa was her Mother which was good. However, I was worried that she hadn't mourned Katelines death. She hadn't cried since she saw Kateline at the hospital, not even at the funeral.

I believed that Lisa felt guilty for taking the mother role from Kateline through our adoption of Imogen. I tried to reassure her that it was a good thing because Imogen had someone who she considered a mother but she still had her doubts. I bent over and pulled Imogen into my arms. "Are you excited to be home?" I asked, bouncing her on my hip. "Yeah I am!" she exclaimed, smiling widely. "So am I baby girl" I smiled back. "Dad I'm not a baby, can you put me down?!" She said suddenly looking frustrated. I was taken aback by that, I put her down gently. Imogen had also been very moody lately. I assumed it was from the trauma of everything. She mumbled something and walked away."What was that?" I asked sternly.
"Nothing" she yelled back, brushing it off. We all walked inside the main house and sat in the living room. I looked around and noticed Imogen was gone. I shrugged it off thinking she had probably just gone to have some time alone, after all she had been stuck in hospital for the last few weeks. I sat on the couch and cuddled with Lisa as we watched TV together.

Imogen's POV

I ran upstairs as soon as I got through the front door. Locking my door, I jumped in bed and pulled the covers over my head. I was in a pool of tears remembering what I heard on the news. Dad could never do that, he just wouldn't. I sobbed into my pillow and pulled at my hair not knowing what to do. I sat up feeling the urge. I crawled out of bed and walked into the bathroom. I looked in the cupboard And found them, my blades. I hadn't cut in a few weeks but I occasionally got the urge. I glided the blade down my arm as the blood dripped down it. I did the same on my other arm and felt my emotional pain change to physical. I got in the shower and felt the cuts sting as the water washed away the blood.

I got out and put on a teal dress that complimented my tanned skin and long brown hair. I also put on silver sandals and lots of bracelets to hide the cuts that had now stopped bleeding. For my age I was very self conscious. I looked in the mirror still not satisfied and took out the make up that I stole from Lisa. Yeah you heard right, I stole it. Who cares? I applied some mascara, lipgloss and powder before looking in the mirror again to be a little happier with my reflection.
I walked back downstairs to the living room and saw Dad. Just looking at him reminded me of what I had found out. A few tears rolled down my cheeks but I wiped them away quickly not wanting anyone to see me crying. Dad didn't know I knew and I was sure he didn't want me to. "Imogen!" Dad said pulling me into reality. "Uh yeah?" I asked and plastered a fake smile on my face. "Come over here and play with us" he said happily. I walked over slowly and nervously. "Well well look at you, did I say you could wear make up?" Dad asked jokingly as I sat next to him. "Michael give the girl a break, you did wonderfully sweetie" Lisa complemented me smiling. "Thanks" I replied quietly. I looked at Dad and saw him crying.
"I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast" he sniffled. "Dad it doesn't matter how old I get, I'll always be your baby girl" I said and sat on his lap, hugging him tightly. "I know. I will always love you" he said hugging me back just as tightly as he stroked my hair.

Authors Note

Aww I wanted to cry writing this. It's just so full of LOVE ❤️ I love you Michael, he is truly the inspiration for my writing. I always try to think of how he would feel in these situations and what he would do but I also try to add something unique to shake it up a bit and add something unexpected.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, ADD THE STORY TO YOUR LIBRARY AND SHARE IT! I would greatly appreciate it from the bottom of my heart. And please check out my other books, majority of them are Michael Jackson fanfics 😃 Gosh I love that man with all my heart 💕💘

I always listened when he would say to love people the way Jesus said to. He is my main religious motivation. (Sorry to any non religious people) any way I should stop rambling but THANKYOU my lovelies

Share the peace and heal the world

Dreamer_2_Believer xoxo