Chapter Twenty Two- Walking Away From The Spotlight

(Shout out to @Michaels_sweetthang for getting the last quiz question right. The answer is Elizabeth Taylor and Gypsy)

Michael's POV

I woke up and slowly got out of the bed, trying not to wake Lisa or Imogen. It was just after 6 in the morning and we had to leave for the airport at 7.30. I walked into my walk in closet and grabbed a red button down shirt and black slacks. I changed in the bathroom and slipped on my loafers, got my fedora and walked down to the kitchen.
I had given my chef the day off since we would leave early. I looked through the cupboards and settled on making blueberry pancakes. I turned the TV on and saw Imogen's face.

"Sources say that Imogen Jackson will soon be joined by a new sibling. As we see Michael Jacksons new wife Lisa Marie Presley-Jackson with a small baby bump. She is the rumoured to be pregnant with Michael Jackson's child but there are others suggesting she is pregnant to ex husband Danny Keough. Either way one thing is for sure, the famous couple is saying goodbye Imogen, with all the attention on the expected baby. Apparently Michael is ashamed of his adopted daughter and wants his own flesh and blood" the reporter said cheerfully. I turned the TV off and sighed. Now Imogen was being cornered by the paparazzi. What else could I expect? Between Lisa and I it was inevitable that some of the spotlight would fall on Imogen but still she was only a child and I didn't want her to lose her childhood like I had. I turned the stove off and placed the pancakes on a plate in the middle of the island. "Good morning, Dad" I looked behind me and saw Imogen as she entered the room and sat at the island. "Good morning Imogen, how did you sleep?" I asked smiling. "I slept alright" she replied as she served herself some pancakes. "That's good, where's your Mother?" I asked, changing the subject as I passed her a glass of juice "I don't know, she went into the bathroom a while ago and I haven't seen her since then" she said and shrugged.

I walked upstairs and into my bedroom. I heard some noise in the bathroom and stood next to the door. "Lisa, are you alright?" I asked worriedly. "I'm fine baby" she called back. She opened the door and she looked dreadful.
"I hate being a woman sometimes Michael" she complained and sat on the bed. I gave her a sympathetic look and sat next to her. She lied against me and sighed.
"We have to leave soon right?" She asked, tiredly. "Yeah in a bit " I nodded, rubbing her back. "Okay I'll be down in a minute... hold that thought" she said clutching her stomach and running back into the bathroom.

I rubbed the nape of my neck in thought and walked downstairs into the living room. Imogen was on the couch watching TV.
"Are you ready?" I asked and she nodded, still looking at the screen. "Can you get your bags please?" I asked patiently. Imogen nodded enthusiastically and ran upstairs just as Lisa walked down. She wore her pyjamas and her hair was in a messy bun. "Michael I can't really do much better than this" she said and pointed to herself, sighing. She didn't look well so I understood. "That's okay baby, you look fine" I smiled reassuringly. "Yeah right Michael" she retorted, rolling her eyes.
"Tis Tis, attitude will get you nowhere darling" I scolded, jokingly. She groaned and walked out the front door.
"No breakfast?" I called in a questioning tone. "I don't think you want to see what will happen if I eat right now" she called back. I shrugged and looked at my watch.
"Imogen, we're leaving!" I yelled upstairs. She rushed downstairs and almost tripped. "Be careful!" I exclaimed, fearfully.
"I'm fine" she defended herself and stopped beside me as a bodyguard took her suitcase. She reached for my hand and I took it smiling. "Your mother was right" I laughed. "About what?" She asked, confused."You are a daddy's girl" I smiled. "And still proud to be one" she added happily. "Are you two coming or not!" Lisa yelled from the limo. We both laughed and raced to the car. We got in and started driving to the airport.