Chapter Twenty Seven- Family Tension

Michael's POV

Mother gave me a serious look and I nodded. "Come on, take a seat" I offered, leading her to the living room. We sat down and she sighed, which only made me more worried.
"Michael, there's something I should have told you a long time ago" she paused and looked away. "Mother, you're worrying me what's wrong?" I asked impatiently. "Well, it happened around 50 years ago. You're father and I were dating but we had a fight and agreed that we needed a break" she sighed before continuing. "That night I was so angry at him and that by no way excuses my behaviour but there was a boy that liked me and we" she paused making several hand gestures.

I shook my head in disbelief. "Mother, where are you going with this?" I asked disgusted by the details. "A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant" she said drifting off. "Mother, no!" I exclaimed. "Michael calm down please, yes, I was pregnant. I told the boy and he was mad but the strange part was that he wanted custody of the child. He indeed took it to court and won full custody, the day that child was born she was taken from me. The father didn't want me to see her at all and with full custody it was his choice" she paused and looked at me. I stared at her blankly. "Mother I can't believe this but why are you telling me this now?" I asked, overwhelmed by the new information. "I'm not sure why but she did a DNA test recently and discovered that the boy wasn't even her biological father. She questioned him about it and found out that I was her Mother and that Joseph was her biological father" she explained.

I shook my head again in disbelief. This was so much to take in at once. "It doesn't make sense, how do you know all this?" I asked. "She rang me, after all these years the man that raised her still had my number. It never changed" she sighed. There were still so many questions I needed to ask, so much more to know but I had heard enough for now. "I'm just as confused as you son but she wants to meet us and none of this is her fault after all" she added. I nodded in agreement and sighed. I was upset with Mother for keeping this a secret and for so long.
"If that's the case, invite her to family day but I would like to know who she is" I said, blankly. "Right, her name is Sonya and I'll be sure to invite her. Anyway, how have you been son?" Mother asked, abruptly changing the subject. "You don't understand do you Mother?" I asked, annoyed. I stood up and stormed out of the room angrily.

Lisa's POV (NEW LOL)

I walked into the living room and saw Katherine sitting alone with shock written all over her face. "Mrs Jackson, are you okay? Where'd Michael get to?" I asked confused. She looked up and smiled weakly. "Please call me Katherine and I'm not sure where he went, he just left" she shrugged. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. That didn't sound like something Michael would do, strange.
"Well I'm not sure what Michael is up to. How about I show you to the guest room?" I asked, noticing her suitcase.
"That would be wonderful, dear" she nodded. I smiled and picked up the suitcase showing her to one of the guest rooms.

"Would you like anything? A tour of the house?" I asked placing the suitcase at the end of the bed. "No, I'll manage thank you Lisa" she replied, pulling me into a warm embrace. I was shocked but hugged back. I walked out of the room and sighed. Now, where did Michael get to? I walked into our bedroom and saw him writing in one of his many songbooks. "Why the hell did you leave your Mother out there like that?" I scoffed, shutting the door. He looked up and gave me a glare. "Michael?!" I yelled when he didn't give me an answer. "Just back the fuck off Lisa!" He yelled abruptly. I was taken back by his reaction.
"Don't get all shitty with me, Michael. You're the one with the problem here" I defended myself. "No shit, Sherlock" he retorted angrily.

This was definitely not the Michael I knew. He was being so childish and rude! Not to mention he was cussing a lot and as far as I was concerned for no reason. I walked out of the room and shook my head in disgust. "Mum, can you do something with me?" Imogen asked running up to me. "Uh sure, come on honey" I smiled. We walked into the game room and played chess for a while. I looked at the time and saw it was 8:34PM. "Where are all the staff?" I mumbled. "Dad gave them the day off but I'm hungry" Imogen complained. "Of course he did, I'll go make us some dinner" I groaned and stood up. Imogen smiled and followed me. "I'll go play with Dad for a while" she said, happily. "No you can't!" I hissed abruptly. Imogen jumped back in shock and cried out. Michael came rushing to her and bent down. "What's wrong, baby girl?" He asked frantically.
"Lisa yelled at me and said I can't play with you" she cried.
"Did she now? Of course you can play with me" he reassured her while giving me an evil stare. They ran out of the room giggling. I didn't notice that Michael babied Imogen so much. I sighed in defeat and walked to the kitchen to make dinner.
....................................