Chapter Thirty Four- The Last Straw Just Snapped...

Imogen's POV

I opened my eyes slowly and sat up but my vision was blurry. I felt a pang of pain on the back of my head and touched it softly hissing in pain. There was a lump.
What happened? The last thing I remembered was Aunt Janet coming into my room and giving me breakfast. I also remember feeling scared but what of? I got out of my bed and tripped, feeling dizzy. I fell to the floor and made a loud thud. A few seconds later Aunt Janet ran into the room. "Imogen what happened? Are you okay?" She asked helping me get up. I nodded as she helped me get back into the bed. "I fell on the floor because I felt dizzy. What happened? I can't remember" Just as I finished talking Dad came running into the room. "Are you okay Imogen!?" He asked frantically. "I'm fine... but what are you doing here Dad?" I asked, extremely confused about what was going on. Dad and Janet looked at each other worriedly. "You don't remember? You fainted after telling me about what happened" he whispered, only then did I notice how flustered he looked. Memories flooded my mind and I suddenly felt overwhelmed. I remembered Aunt Janet walking in and finding out, telling Dad about the self harming I did and fainting because I was scared.

"Leave me alone" I stuttered, fearfully. Dad reached out to touch me but I flinched. "I said leave me alone!" I hollered. Dads face turned from sadness to frustration. "Don't speak to me like that Imogen. We're just trying to help you, now let me see" he instructed. I gulped and got out of the bed. I looked at Aunt Janet nervously and she stepped forward, placing her hand on Dad's shoulder. "Michael, maybe I should take some photos instead and then show you. Some of the areas are a little more private" she said comfortingly but Dads face just fell deeper into depression. He nodded and walked out hesitantly shutting the door behind him. "I know this makes you feel uncomfortable Imogen but your Dad needs to see" Janet said in an understanding tone. I nodded and got undressed into my sports bra and shorts. Janet took her phone out and took close up photos of all the cuts. Which was almost my entire body.
I got dressed again and slowly walked downstairs with Aunt Janet. Dad was sitting on the couch with his head in his hands. At that moment a new thought passed through my mind.

Maybe Dad was better off without me, I was only a burden to him.

Janet walked over to Dad and sat next to him, I just stood at the doorway in disbelief. Dad looked up, his eyes filled with despair as Janet passed him the phone. He scrolled through the photos and an expression of pure heartache filled his face. I never wanted to see him feel that way.
Pure sadness, helplessness and pain were all there too. He looked directly at me and I could see him fighting back tears but it didn't work. He began crying uncontrollably and Aunt Janet pulled him into a hug. He cried into her shoulder and I felt pure hatred flow throughout my body. I ran upstairs not looking back and locked myself in my room. I walked into the closet and found my hidden box of blades. I also pulled out a kitchen knife and slit both my wrists deeper than I ever had before. I ran to the closet as my wrists flowed with blood and pulled out a thick rope that I found outside a few days ago and tied it to a hook attached to the roof. I didn't know why it was there and it was the least of my worries right now. If anything it just made things easier. I ripped a piece of paper from my notebook and scribbled down a note as my hands shook uncontrollably.

I placed it on the desk and took a deep breath as I pulled out the desk chair and placed it under the rope. I climbed up and tied it around my neck tightly, kicking the chair away harshly.

Suddenly, everything went to pure darkness.

CLIFFHANGER

To be continued.........