Chapter Thirty- Shocker

11th November 1996

Michael's POV

I walked upstairs and headed into my bedroom, seeing Lisa sleeping peacefully. I smiled and pulled the covers over her. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 10 at night. Late enough for me to try and get some sleep. I had a meeting tomorrow about working on a new album. I brushed my fingers through my hair as I thought about everything that has happened. It was undoubtedly a lot in the last couple of years. And I was a happy man, the things I often wondered about are the things I now have. A wonderful wife, my beautiful daughter and another child on the way. I even had a beachside mansion in Adelaide, not to mention Neverland and of course I lived everyday doing what I loved with the support of my adoring fans.

What more could I ask for? I didn't like to sound ungrateful because I wasn't but there was one thing, Privacy. Ever since people found out I was staying here I couldn't leave the property without a bus load of security guards. I sighed and looked down at Lisa. If only I didn't have to bring another child into a world of exposure. I kissed her gently and rolled over staring at the wall until sleep finally hit me.

I woke up to the phone blasting in my ear. I sat up groggily and picked it up not bothering to look at the caller id. "Hello?" I snapped tiredly.
"Um hi Michael, it's Jessica" the soft voice replied nervously. I recognised the name but from where? "Jessica who?" I asked suspiciously."Uh Jessica Mellows, we met near the Adelaide airport
about a couple of months ago, you met my mother Lucy who introduced us" she explained frantically. I snapped my finger in remembrance and smiled into the phone "It's okay Jess, I remember you" I said calmly. I could hear her sigh on the phone and chuckled lightly.
"I know it's probably strange that I'm calling you, heck the only thing we had in common at the time was that I was and still am a big fan of yours" she laughed.
"What do you mean at the time?" I asked. The line went silent for a few seconds.
"Well, Michael I wouldn't expect you to believe me since we barely know each other" she paused and I furrowed my eyebrows in utter confusion. "What are you talking about Jessica?" I questioned again. "My Nana met you a few weeks ago by coincidence and" she paused.
"And?" I prompted. "And her name is Sonya."

My mouth flew open in shock and I shook my head in disbelief. "Jessica that's not possible I have to go" I said annoyed. "Michael I didn't expect you to believe me straight up but please let me explain" she begged. I sighed and rubbed my temples with my free hand. I can't believe I'm doing this, she was just going to be another fan who'd do anything to get near me and my family. "Continue" I gritted. I could feel her trying to take advantage of my kindness. "You see Sonya is my Nana and my Mother Lucy's Mother. She didn't know that she was your sister until she recently did a DNA test" I couldn't believe it, everything she said was right and Sonya did mention having 11 grandchildren but I couldn't just believe her that easily."Jessica I have to go, I'll talk to you later" and with that I hung up, slamming the phone onto the receiver.
"Michael are you okay?" I turned around abruptly and saw Lisa standing in the doorway.

"I'm fine, I have a meeting today" I mumbled walking past her to the closet. I put on a black suit jacket and dark blue jeans with a red shirt. With that I grabbed my fedora and walked out the door to the kitchen. Imogen was sitting at the island eating cereal and drawing something. "Hi Dad" she greeted me,  looking up.
"Morning baby girl, you have tutoring today with a new teacher" I said popping some bread in the toaster. "Really why?" She asked with a frown. "You're old teacher lives in Los Angeles remember? Your new tutors name is Ms Thompson" I explained as I spread jam across the toast and sat next to her. "Oh, right" she said simply. I nodded and ate my toast. I looked at my watch and saw that it was 9AM.
"I've got to go for a meeting but I'll be back this afternoon. Tell your Mum I said bye" I said kissing her forehead and putting my plate in the sink."Kay, Dad love you" she beamed giving me a tight hug. "Love you more" I replied and walked out to the limo.
................................

I walked into the house and dropped my bag on the table. I heard talking  from upstairs and furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. I walked upstairs and saw the bedroom door shut, no one in sight. I put my ear against the door and listened. Lisa was in there laughing about something
"I know Nick but Michael can't find out about this. He'd leave me for it" Lisa said adamantly. I pushed the door open and crossed my arms angrily "Find out about what?" I gritted, clenching my fists. Lisa's face was filled with guilt and shock.

To be continued...