Chapter Nineteen- Adding To The Scrutiny

Michaels POV

I walked into Imogen's room and saw her asleep at the desk. I shook her gently and she sat up. "What were you doing last night?" I asked.
"I had to finish my English assignment for today" she said yawning. "You can't go to school with no sleep. I'll drop your assignment there on my way to the studio" I sighed and picked up the stapled sheets. "Okay thanks Dad" she said tiredly. "It's fine but no more staying up late on school nights and please get some sleep" I said sternly.
"Okay Dad, can you carry me to bed?" She asked reaching for me. "It's only ten feet away from you" I laughed.
"Please?" she pouted. "Fine, you are so lazy" I joked. Imogen groaned as I picked her up carefully and put her in the bed. "Sleep" I whispered and kissed her cheek.

I picked up the sheets again and frowned. Is this the normal size of an assignment for an 11 year old? I thought to myself looking at the thick document. I suppose I'll mention it when I drop them off. And with that I headed downstairs to the kitchen.
"Julie can you please keep an eye on Imogen while I'm at the studio?" I asked one of my many workers and picked up an apple. "Yes Mr Jackson" she complied and continued cleaning. I looked at the clock and realised it was time I should leave. I grabbed my phone and my bodyguards walked beside me to the limo. I got in and the partition rolled down."To the studio Mike?" Bill, my driver asked.
"No actually, take me to Imogen's school"
"Sure thing Mike" he nodded, a little surprised and started the car. I rolled the partition up and looked at the document again. This can't be right, it looked about ten pages long!

"We're here Mike" Bill announced through the cars intercom. "Thanks Bill, I won't be long" I replied and got out of the car, as the bodyguards surrounded me. As I walked down the long path, many people looked at me with surprise. I even signed a couple of autographs. I reached the office and saw a familiar face at the desk. Penny, the receptionist that I had met last time I was here looked up and smiled. "Mr Jackson, what a pleasant surprise. Can I help you?" She asked politely. "Yes, could I please speak to Imogen's English teacher?" I asked, flashing her a small smile.

"Absolutely, I'll check if she is teaching. Is Imogen coming in today?" She asked and rifled through some papers on the desk. "No, she isn't feeling well today" I replied, a little disappointed. "Alright then, I'll mark Imogen as absent and her English teacher, Miss Palmer is not teaching. So if you'd like to follow me, she should be in her classroom" she announced and stood up. We walked down a long corridor and turned into a big room surrounded by doors. Penny led me to the far left door and smiled. "In here Mr Jackson. Will you be okay finding your way back?"
"Yes I'll be fine thank you" I nodded and she walked away. I knocked on the door, my bodyguards waiting in the large room.

"Come in" someone called from the room. I opened the door and walked in. At the desk opposite me sat a young woman with caramel hair and green eyes. She looked up and her smile turned into a disgusted look? "Mr Jackson, I'm Anastasia Palmer. would you like to take a seat?" She asked with some attitude.
"Yes thank you" I replied, ignoring her tone and sat opposite her. "So what do you want?" She asked rudely.
"I would like to discuss my daughters education in this class" I replied a little annoyed with her disrespect.
"What is there to discuss?" She asked impatiently.
"This" I replied, dropping Imogens assignment on the desk."You mean her homework?" she asked plainly. "Yes, is this the right amount for a student of her level?" I questioned doubtfully. "Mr Jackson, I think you forget that I am her teacher not you. And you are not someone I deem trust worthy to have a say in any child's life" she stated and grinned evilly. "Ms Palmer, I don't have a clue of what you are talking about but your attitude is one that will lose my daughter as a student" I warned. "Thank goodness for that but I almost feel bad for the brat. Having a molester for a father" she replied, obviously satisfied with herself.

I stood up abruptly and stormed out of the room. I walked to the reception desk, followed by my bodyguards and looked at Penny. "How do I un enrol Imogen?" I asked angrily. "You can either speak to the principal or fill out these forms" she replied a little taken aback and handed me the forms."Thank you Penny" I mumbled and walked outside to the limo. How could someone be so rude? And not to mention that I'm hurt by her words. Every time I hear someone accuse me of such a horrible thing, a bigger wound is made. "To the studio Mike?" Bill asked cheerfully and I nodded. We sped down the highway, the thoughts still fresh in my mind.