eleven 11 : Just Tonight

It was a tough flight home, JB and JR had cut short their schedule and decided to return after 2 days instead of a week.

Although they worked well together, they knew that there was something they had to trash out between themselves to get the tension out of the way. Any self-respecting younger brother would know better than to go after the girl his hyung was after, but it was a coincidence this time, since it was a mutual friend they had - You.

"Hyung..." JR put down his earplugs and turned to JB who had his eyes closed while waiting.

He briefly opened them behind his sunglasses, "Uh, wae?" JB asked without moving.

Shifting uncomfortably JR approached the topic with much caution. "There's something I need to say to you..."

Sensing the tension, he took off his shades and gave JR his full attention. "What is it?"

Their eyes met and instantly JB knew what it was about, and sighed. "You like her isn't it?" He spoke directly and maintained his firm gaze on JR.
'What should I do?' JR thought to himself while looking at his Hyung of many years. 'What should I say?' JR simply couldn't admit to JB, after knowing that he too, was more than interested in you. He could only stare blankly at JB.

"I know you do." JB said, and looked away to give JR some space and time to react, while he quietly started folding his scarf and doing miscellaneous things.

Flustered, he tried to regain his composure and starting again, "Hyung.....actually, I.......I ....... think she.... likes you better."

Frowning at the absurdity of what his younger counterpart was uttering, he slammed head against the backrest of his seat and let out a long sigh that he had held.

"Jinyoung ah, hyung knows what you want to say and I know you have been fond of her since the day we met at the reunion. But it doesn't matter and it doesn't need to turn us against each other or make either one of us give up. It isn't our choice Jinyoung, it's hers ultimately." With a pleading look on his face, he turned to JR, hoping to have cleared the air tactfully, without letting his jealous emotions get over his brotherhood.

"Hyung........." JR finally smiled a sign of relief and bashfully appreciated the meaning behind what he heard.

"Yah- but did she call you at all in the days you were away?" JB asked casually.

"Not at all... not even a message.." JR didn't even bother hiding the disappointment this time. "Did you get her calls?"

JB took out his phone, and flashed his screen at JR, "Look, she didn't even reply me when I told her I was leaving for a week, haha."

Both the guys fell back in their seats and silently took the flight home. When they landed, JR wanted to know if you truly had any feelings for him or did you like JB instead.

"How about, we both call her to come to the airport to pick us separately... and see who she decides to come for? Hyung... I know my place in this and if she doesn't see me like how I do, I'll accept it and wish you the best." It sounded incredibly cheesy but it was what JR felt, being the loyal romantic at heart, he rather settle it now than later.

JB thought about it for a moment, "Ok cool. I'll wait at the other terminal, let's text her then. But what if she doesn't come at all?"

Realising that it was a possible scenario he never thought of as well, JR said "well then, things are fair and square!"

At work, it was another busy day that left you no time to rest. Mark had wrapped up the project both of you were working on and decided that he wanted to find some time to have a quiet dinner with you. The last 2 days of late nights at work with your team mates made him long for the privacy of some time with you even more.
He swivelled his chair over and clashed into your side playfully.