two 2 : the class reunion

You received a message in the mail from an old classmate back in the early teen years. It seemed there were talks of the school being rebuilt and before that, classes wanted to get-together to see how everyone had turned out. Some were dad and moms, some successful entertainers, others just living a quiet life. You really wanted to meet your old kiddy friends and see everyone again but at the same time, you knew it was gonna be awkward.

Sitting on the mail without indicating your attendance, you received a call this time, from your old Monitor.

"Hi is that Mandy?"

"Yes, may I know who's this?"

"................... Mandy?..... Its...... me..."

"(Irritated) Hi ME, you might wanna identify yourself before I - "

"Jaebum. Im Jaebum."

It was your turn to gasp in silence.

"He-hello? Do you remember me? I was in your class back in 2005... We sat together.." He quickly added.

You found no words to speak except a "Yes."

"Well I... Was asked to gather the numbers for the reunion tmr and I wasn't sure if I'd get through your old number. Glad you've not moved.. " his voice audibly relieved and friendly.

"Oh, I... Yeah, I didn't move... So you kept my number all these years? Wow! That's amazing of you!" You laughed and couldn't believe your ears.

Jaebum was the monitor of the class for a good 4 years and although he wasn't outstanding academically, he was heck of a popular guy from the day he started wearing the school uniform. You had a hard time for being the girl assigned to sit beside him, being the target of envy, for crazy fan girls who would write him love letters and ogle at his looks. It didn't help that he was always trendy, the life of the party, the best sportsman, and the coolest b-boy that could serenade any song to sound like a confession.

Suddenly you had the biggest urge to go for the reunion, like right now, just to see how he had grown up to be.

"I didn't exactly KEEP it but since I knew it by heart it wasn't that difficult. So anyways, you haven't indicated if you'd be there." He said.

"Yea sure, of course I'll be there!" You replied, feeling excited and immediately wanting to plan a stunning outfit for your appearance.

"Great! Oh, hey... If you haven't moved, that means we still live close by. Do you wanna head down together? I could swing by to pick you at say, 5pm?"

"That would be awesome. Thanks, I can't wait to see how you've changed, seriously! Wow..." After you hung up, you decided that it was time you dolled up yourself for once, and pamper yourself, well, just in case one of the guys were still single and you pretty much wanted to look your best for the reunion. Heading to the salon, you spent the rest of the evening getting a new hairdo and picking up a new dress. Afterall, half the class were guys and you'd stand a good chance of them growing up well and fine.

The next day, you woke up early and went for a facial, feeling more excited as the hours past. Looking at the old photos you dug out to bring along, you laughed at the stupid poses you made.

"Sheesh, I wonder how Jaebum looks now... And Park Jinyoung!!!" Your best friend at school that always let you copy his homework in exchange for getting shoulder massages. Thinking back, it was a really strange deal but it worked anyway.

Slipping into the bright floral bodycon dress, with a racerback front, you put on your favourite white killer heels that were almost 5" tall, and stepped out confidently in your newly permed locks. You knew you were surely turning heads for this party and definitely dressed to kill. Not overly revealing but subtly saying "look at me I'm sexy".