twenty 20 : Mr Cute & Jealous

The morning began as usual as Mark came by again to pick you and Yugyeom to work. Although you told him he didn't have to, he somewhat shrugged it off saying that it was an efficient use of fuel to carry more people now that Yugyeom was headed the same way.

You knew obviously that he was just making it up an an excuse to go to work together with you more often in this 'sensitive' period.

As the day passed, you realised Jackson had not come in.

"Mark, did you hear from Jackson?" You turned your chair around to ask.

He looked up in his glasses, "No but why? Isn't he at his desk?"

You both stepped out of your shared cubicle to look, and it was quite obvious that Jackson was either very late, or absent without notice.

Mark strolled to his table. "He hasn't come in at all it seems. Do you want to call him?"

You pick out a thick file of confidential information of your subordinates and flipped through to get to his profile. You realised you didn't have his number or knew where he stayed even though he had been working with you for some time. You call his mobile but he didn't answer so you dialed his home.

Right when you were about to hang up, you hear the ringing cut by a voice.

From a faraway voice you heard Jackson saying something like "hang on hang on" and so you waited. After some moments a slurred and muffled voice came to the phone.

"Hello.." it sounded like Jackson but much huskier and deeper, almost therapeutic to the ear.

"Hello? May I speak to Jackson?" You asked.

"Yes this is he."

You frowned for a second, "Jackson I'm Mandy, do you know what time it is?"

"Oh hey, I don't, what time is it?" He asked like as if he just woke up.

"Its lunch on a Tuesday noon." You said.

"Omg. I'm so super sorry about that but I can't really see right now? So I really don't know what time it is and I've been trying to find my phone to call you. Thank goodness you called." He rambled in a whiny tone that was still low and overly husky.

"What do you mean you can't really see?" You asked.

"I don't know, I was having a bit of an itch yesterday? And then when I woke up my eyes were like goldfish? So I popped some meds and thought it would be fine but now I reaaaallly can't open my eyes at all OMG..." his tone audibly getting whinier and frustrated.

"Do you need me to help you call someone over since you can't see? A friend or doc or something?" You asked, not quite sure of the severity of his situation.

"I don't know, I just can't open my eyes at all do you think you could dial an ambulance for me cos I can't even see the keypad." He said calmly.

"Wait, did you just say an ambulance? Is it that serious? Why didn't you call sooner?" At this, you stood up and closed the file on your table, taking with you his loose sheet of contact details.

"Look, I can't even find my phone Mandy... and I'm like really annoyed now cos I can't even crawl to pour myself a drink." You heard a couple of things being knocked over and some uneasiness in his voice.

"Okay Jackson just sit down, and try to orientate yourself slowly. I want you to move to your front door and I'm going to be there in 10minutes, do you think you can open it?" You nestled the phone between your shoulder and neck while you packed your stuff and grabbed your bag.