Thirty-one 31 : JB x Miyoung

It was a crazy long day and just the start of the sleepless nights JB was about to have. With packed schedules and a new album coming around the corner, he hardly managed to keep his word with Miyoung, Jr's sister, to go on their first date. Since the night he last spoke with her, he had unfortunately got called up by his agency after his overseas schedules were arranged.

The cold wintery breeze of dawn greeted his face as he exited the glass doors of the airport. It wasn't even 6am yet but Jaebum had already had his breakfast, lunch, and dinner over the long haul flight from the other side of the world. He was exhausted and could feel the static in his hair causing stray strands to fly around his face.

It had been a week since he left Korea, quite abruptly, after a bunch of missed calls from his manager, in the wee hours of the morning.

==========================================

(1 week ago)

JB jogged back to his apartment, excitement in every bounce he took. He finally found his heart fluttering again, after being numb and jaded from all the superficial relationships that came along ever since he stepped into the limelight as the other half of a duo with JR, Miyoung's brother. It didn't matter that he was smiling like a fool on the street at 3am without a cent or his phone. He was going on a DATE tomorrow with Miyoung - who had been keeping him at arm's length since she was reunited with her brother. He hadn't stopped thinking about her since, her every move and every manner of speech beyond fascinating to him. Whatever little he knew about her was enough to make him want to see her again and his bold move had not gone unrewarded when she accepted the showing of his feelings.

As he opened the door of his apartment, he was met with his manager pacing up and down, holding the mobile phone he had left at home.

"Yah Yah!! Where on earth did you go at this hour without your phone?!" he frantically ran to him, chucking the device in his hand, revealing a lit screen of 10 missed calls and a flurry of messages to call him.

"Wae-yo? What are you even doing here at this hour?!" JB asked, puzzled but knowing it had to be something urgent.

The manager whipped out a pair of air tickets and a crisp piece of paper with what JB knew too well to be the familiar sight of a packed overseas schedule.

"We just got the notice that your European and American promotions and activities got pushed forward and filming for the schedules you need to be on have also been arranged. I know it's sudden but there was nothing we could do about it. There were multiple schedules clashing and this was the best way out.........." his eyes lowered sheepishly and fell on the bag at the edge of the carpet.

JB's eyes followed and recognised it.

".....NO WAY!!" JB snatched the ticket with enlarged pupils, staring hard at the date and time of the departure, making sure he didn't get it wrong.

His manager sat on the stool calmly, as he let the reality of time sink in. "I'm sorry hyung, I ... really tried. We, need to be at the airport in 3 hours."

It wasn't the first time that he had to scoot off halfway round the world but this wasn't exactly the best time for it - no, in fact, it was the WORST time of all.

JB reached for his phone and dialled the number of the phone he gave to Miyoung to break the bad news to her.........

================================================================

As he got into the car, he shut his eyes, letting out a long deep breath of relief. He was growing tired of the hustle and bustle of it all, and it was taking a toll on him.

"We've arrived." At the voice of his manager, JB came to his senses, blinking a few times before he saw the front porch of an apartment he didn't expect to be at.

"Yah...... you little punk.........." he closed his eyes again, with a sigh but a tone that wasn't threatening one bit.

"Ey... C'mon hyung, did you think I was stupid? Even if I was I'm not blind.... go on in, I'll just take your luggage back home for you." his manager smiled and made a heart with his fingers at him.

Getting out of the car, JB walked to the familiar backyard of hedges. The sun had started to rise by now and it was going to be sunrise. He knew it. Going around the corner of the apartment, he stood at the same spot where he earned himself battle scars with the bushes exactly a week ago. Pulling his sleeves down this time after learning it the hard way, he made his way up the short trunk of a tree and found himself a stable spot to lean on before flipping out his phone.

He dialled the number he already knew by heart and waited for the call to connect. As soon as it was picked up, he spoke into it without hesitation.

JB: Miyoung-ah, miyoung?

He was greeted by some shuffling sounds, followed by a sleepy murmur of sorts.

JB: Miyoung, it's me, Jaebum.

Miyoung: JB ??

Instinctively, she kicked off the covers of her bedsheet and pulled apart her bedroom curtains.

There he was, at the same spot outside her window, where she last saw him only this time instead of a worried face and in his sweatshirts, he was perched comfortably as if on a photoshoot, with a broad smile spread across his face.

JB: Sorry to wake you up so early but I just wanted you to see the sunrise.

He smiled while he watched her eyes widen beneath her glasses, as she awoke from her sleepy gaze. She was too cute to handle and he could feel his pulse speeding up while he observed her every move, as she was visually overwhelmed by his appearance. He greeted her with an expression of excitement, happiness, awkwardness and pure heart flutter.

This time, she didn't bother to open the windows, instead she hung up the phone, and turned away from the window.

Seeing her disappear suddenly, before completely confirming that his presence was indeed welcome, made his tummy tangle into a pit of nerves.

Hopping down from the spot where he was, he made a run for the front door, getting worried in an instant.

Did I do something wrong? No way, she couldn't be angry at me for waking her up, right? Oh wait, she couldn't have been upset that I ..... didn't tell her I was away?