twentyone : 21 Untangling the Ties

You reached the end of day and find out that Mark has been waiting excitedly for you in the car. Seeing him fiddling around with his phone and checking up occasionally if you were there, wasn't a new sight.

But it was just a little different today.

As you swung the basement doors open and stepped into the underground carpark, Mark's face lit up in smiles and he waved at you through the windscreen. There was no way you could say no to a sweetheart like that.

You saw him hop out from the car to do a small run to open your door.
"You're early," Mark smiled and leaned his smooth cheek to yours, wanting you to give him a kiss.

"Hey!" you ducked away "not now, Mark!" you pushed him gently further and went into the open door that he pulled.

He gave you a pout and closed the door, running back to the driver's seat.

Turning to you, "how about now?" he turned his cheek again and puffed them up, pointing repeatedly for a kiss.

"Mark!!! we're still in the office building! What if someone sees us!" you spoke in a high pitched hushed voice, but loving every minute of the transformation that he turned into — a cute little boyfriend at heart that just wanted a peck after a crazy day at work.

He was relentless and continued pointing, making whiny noises, that took you aback. How could such a reserved, nonchalent man, have such a strange side to him? You decide that since it was quite a special day today, just one kiss wouldn't kill.

You leaned towards him to give him a quick peck on his cheek, only to be met with his well timed advances, receiving a kiss back from him as he turned his lips to meet with yours.

"YAHHHHHH!!!" you hit him playfully on the arm, as he contentedly started to buckle up, flashing you a million dollar smile and driving off.

You both were headed to check on Jackson to make sure he was doing fine.

Mark made it explicitly clear that there was no more solo trips to Jackson's house after today and that wherever you went, he was going to send you and pick you. Of course you felt it was sweet but rather unnecessary since he wasn't going to be able to do that all the time, but you decided you let him go along with it for now.

As you knocked on Jackson's door, he came by rather quick to open it and you were greeted with a now nearly normal looking face.

"Hey Mandy, oh and Mark bro you're here." he smiled with thankfulness.

"You better bro?" Mark asked from behind you.

You reached out your hand and waved it infront of Jackson's face. "Tell me how many fingers?"

He caught your hand instead and put it down, "Cmon Mandy, I can see you guys fine now."

You both stayed for awhile, making sure he had gotten better and didn't need much assistance. Doing a quick timecheck, you saw that you only had about an hour before needing to head to the airport to pick JR as promised.

Mark could tell instinctively that you weren't intending to spend the rest of the evening with him.
"Shall we make a move?" he stood and nodded to Jackson that you should get going as well.

"Ah sure, thanks guys for dropping by, and erm... " Jackson stood up as well to walk you both out, "you guys look cute together... just sayin."

You weren't quite sure how to react to it since you couldn't outrightly deny things anymore, neither did it seem appropriate to be dating in front of your subordinate.