twenty two 22 : Summer Vacay

Winter was over and the sunny days were starting to warm up. At where you used to be, you hated the hot sun and dreaded having to break a sweat each time you made a run for the bus. Your brother Yugyeom knew that all too well.

"Noona..." Your brother looked at you as you walked out of your front door.

"Do you really need to wear that?" He sat at the front porch of your home, tanning his fair skin under the morning sun, with a swanky pair of sunglasses.

You were clad in a pair of short beach shorts and a racer back singlet, with a cap that made you look like you were ready for some sports.

"And you... do you really need to look like a shadow?" Pointing to his clothes that were overly decent in black for an outing with sun, sea, and the beach, you looked disapprovingly at him.

He stood up and walked a circle around you, then went back into the house without a word.

"Hey we gotta go!" You called out after him, doing a time check.

He walked out quickly in large strides, and shoved a pink cardigan into your hands.

"Could you please, cover up."

Your jaw dropped as you received the cardigan wordlessly, checking your reflection from the glass of the window. "You're kidding me! Its such a hot day and you want me to wear another layer of a jacket??? Nope. I'm not doing it."

Yugyeom quickly reached out and shut the front door to stop you from chucking the cardigan back inside.

"Noona.... Mark's gonna be there! and this... this... THING!...." he was motioning to the plunge of the racer back singlet at the back which was generously cut out to reveal quite a lot of your shoulder blade and nearly half your back. "I don't know what you call it but its just....... TOO much, Noona.... no, its just NOT.... ..... acceptable." He shook his head and frowned.

You couldn't believe your baby brother was controlling your wardrobe and finding your clothes too revealing. Even Mark wouldn't have minded it, and you were pretty sure, since his own clothes were far more revealing anyway.

But you didn't want to make a fuss since you knew Yugyeom was just being overprotective about you. Afterall, it was a company trip today and everyone including Bambam, Jackson, Mark, and the rest of the staff from other departments would be there. You knew your brother was going to be on highest alert if he sensed any guy coming too close especially if you were going to be in something he disapproved of.

"Gyeomie," you called for him as you both walked out to the main road to catch a bus. "Are you still seeing Bambam's sister?"

He stopped and turned in a slight surprise. "Uh? Hmmm.. yeah I am.." he shyly replied while looking around the floor with a small smile curling at his lips.

"How come I don't hear you talk about her?" You asked, concerned that you might have been neglecting your brother.

"Well, she's always travelling for one, and when she's back I try to meet her at the airport. But its usually in the wee hours so... we just text a lot." He said bashfully.

"Ahh I see. Is she coming today? I mean afterall, she's no stranger to the company I'm sure." You asked with curiosity on whether she would enter with a high position since you recently found out that she could well be the young heiress of this company.

He furrowed his bushy brows, "She said she was arriving today, but didn't mention anything when I told her about the outing, so I guess not?"

Today was an outing to the beach where there was a company resort, good enough to house 200 people overnight. Seeing that it was a long weekend, it was a declared no-work period for a good 2 nights and all employees were requested to come. You knew there would be the standard team bonding stuff since you were already given a task to get closer with your team - a feedback you did not wish to act on despite it being a direct order from the HR department. Thankfully the beach wasn't far and all it too was a bus ride from your place.