Thirty 30 : Youngjae Oppa

The debut stage was a smooth one as expected and Youngjae received a crazy amount of flowers for his collaboration with Cherry. He couldn't deny he was attracted to her but he couldn't tell if it was just fascination with how she was a perfect fit with his music, or was it just her.

"You guys were awesome! " Jackson burst into the waiting room in all smiles, knocking over a couple of bouquets by the table with his swag walking. He hugged Youngjae first and then Cherry, who was so petite that he looked like he was going to crush her with enthusiasm.

"Thanks!" she gushed with the breath that was squeezed out of her from his hug.

Youngjae watched and gave a boisterous laugh, "ah Hyung ! You're hurting her!" prying her out of his muscular arms, he lightly tugged her away nearer to his side.

"So guys! Where are we heading to celebrate?" Jackson asked, thinking about the drinks he would have and the fun crazy boy talk he was going to enjoy.

Cherry's eyes glimmered, "YoungJae-sshi and I are thinking of going to the Haunted house!" referring to the new attraction that opened up near the broadcasting station.

With a slightly disappointed look, Jackson gave Youngjae the 'kidding me?' face. "Boring. I'll pass."

They asked around their staff but it seemed that everyone declined them in unison, as if they didn't want to intrude on a date.

"It's okay, we can still go, it would be fun." Youngjae reassured her, although he was already nervous. He wasn't sure if it was because he was going to a haunted house, or because he was going out with Cherry.

She changed out of her stage dress and tied her hair into a ponytail, that bounced and swept in all directions each time she walked and turned her head. It kinda hypnotised Youngjae, as he quietly admired the natural way she looked without the fancy makeup and outfit.

"Youngjae-sshi..?" she shook his arm gently.

"Ah! Ah, yeah are we good to go? " he snapped out of his thoughts, at the touch of her hand.

They took a shortcut through a park and arrived at the haunted house. The sun had already set and made the whole setup look much gloomier than he expected.

He gulped down his discomfort that started building up from the pits of his stomach.

"Wow that looks scary." He murmured under his breath.

"Heh... Yeah, I didn't think it would be that realistic.. " she was referring to the flickering exit lights at the desolate entrance of the old hospital, which wasn't even done on purpose. It was pretty much left untouched, with broken window panes and broken skeleton mannequins casually leaning against the walls.

They approached carefully, inching closer to each other. Youngjae was in truth, scared beyond words but decided against telling her that he was a scaredy cat. He glanced over at her and saw that she had more curiosity and anticipation than the fear he had, which made him want to brave up a little more.

As they went into the hospital doors, it creaked and a gloom spooked the air.

"Chh-cheerrr-cherry?" Youngjae leaned so close to her that she could almost feel the warmth emitting from his racing pulse.

"This doesn't look... right." he mumbled, and started clutching on to her arm instinctively.

She looked over her shoulder, and saw his frightened expression, and laughed heartily. "Omo, why didn't you tell me you didn't like stuff like these?"

She poked at the door that was infront of them, and down came a fake arm, causing him to shriek in the loudest voice he had.

"OMG NO PLEASE DON'T DO THAT!" He whined, clutching on to his chest with eyes shut. He leaned his head on her shoulder and she saw a trickle of sweat on his temple.

"Youngjae-sshi, we don't have to do this if you don't like it, let's head out." She said, and reached her hand to dab the sweat away.

He looked up, "No, it's okay let's just make a very quick walk and ... and.. I'll be fine....."

He repeated to himself, in low murmurs, as he lifted his head and started walking ahead, "it's not real, it's all fake, im not a wuss, i can do this."

Cherry watched in a slight amusement, and followed him. She was the least bit afraid of the house since she had always been fascinated by stage props and things like these, and never knew YoungJae to be such a timid one.

Without venturing too far off, he screamed again, this time, at door that slammed shut down the hallway.

Quickly, he turned and grabbed her hand in his and ran all the way back to where they entered.

It happened in a flash and YoungJae was too shocked for words, his hand was clammy, and tightly latched with hers.

When they were far out enough, she slowed her pace and calmed him down.

"Chill YoungJae-ah, it's okay, we're fine! Look!" she smiled and motioned around him, and how the surroundings were just fine. Across the street was a small cafe. Seeing that he was still a little shaken by the encounter, she quietly took him by the hand, and walked into it and sat him down.

After huffing and puffing for abit, he regained his composure, and felt a crazy sense of awkward embarasment, to have been coo-ed by her from nothing more than a few fake skeletons and a fake hospital. He began to blush from the ears, speechless that she had to see this side of him, on the first day of meeting.

"Look," he said "I'm not always this freaked out."

She laughed and placed a drink on the table for him. "Yeap, I'm sure."

"No seriously! The guys can vouch for it! I- I- I just don't like scary stuff..." he faded into the straw of the drink, a little more shy than he hoped to be.

"It's okay, oppa." she said casually, and sat down comfortably across him.

He looked up, wide eyed. "What did you just call me?"

She covered her mouth in shock. Did I just say OPPA?

"Say it again?" he asked, but she shook her head.

This time, he reached across the table, grabbing her wrist to her hand that was over her mouth, and put his face so close to hers.

"Just once more" he whispered, looking straight into her eyes, an inch apart.

"Young..jae, oppa?" she said in a small and uncertain voice.

It made his heart flutter and a smile took over his face in an instant.

"Yeah, that's more like it, my Cherry." with an eye smile, he fluffed her hair, and sat down, contented, feeling that it was all just, worth it.