Chapter 1

-Stacey-

Beep! Beep! Be- slam!

Alarm clocks are so annoying. I groaned and sat up and felt the pain from last nights beating. I stood up and limped to the bathroom. I got undressed and hopped in the shower. I winced when the hot water hit my whip lashes. Once I was done I got out, wrapped myself in a towel and walked to my closet.

I picked out a black sweatshirt, black t-shirt,black skinny jeans, and black combat boots. I went back to my bathroom, flat ironed my hair and put some make up on to cover my bruises. I walked downstairs and started making my dad breakfast. Once I was finished it was almost 7 o'clock so I put his food in the microwave and started my 15 minute walk to school.

Once I got to school I went to the back and pulled out a cigarette and lighter so I can settle down before I went into that hell. Once I finished it I only had 5 minutes left to spare. I walked into my school, went to my locker, got my books out for language arts/1st period and started to walk down the hall.

The day I called Jake for help I found out the next day he left me for the cheer leaders and his football buddies. It hurt that he chose them over his true friend. So I tried to get him to notice me, but he just acted like he didn't know me. I had been forgotten by my best friend. After a year I finally stopped trying and gave up. So here I am, depressed and looking like a goth or an emo.

Everyone asks me questions and I always answer positive when inside I'm screaming in agony and pain. I see Jake give me secretive glances when he thinks I'm not looking so I know he still knows who I am. It almost gives me hope that he still thinks of me.

When I reached 1st period I sat down in the back, alone again. I put in my headphones and stared out the window. I became a sort of nerd after Jake, my mom, and my dad all changed on me. So, I could be graduated from college by now if I wanted too. Education became a kind of escape for me I guess.

After class Mr.Smith called Jake and I to the front desk. I mentally groaned, why Jake?!

"Mrs.Clark, you are the top student in the school and right now Mr.Alexander is almost failing all of his classes. I would like you to tutor Mr.Alexander for me and help him with his grades. Can you do that?" Mr.Smith asked. I gulped and nodded reluctantly.

"Come on." I said and sighed walking out of Mr.Smith's classroom with Jake a step behind me.