Chapter 12

-Jake's POV-

It's been 4 hours, FOUR! They still haven't given me any news on what's going on and I'm about ready to turn into the hulk and smash this whole hospital down to the ground.

I heard the doors open, great another patient, but when I looked, it was Stacey's father. What's he doing here? I thought.

"Good afternoon...I'm here for Stacey Clark, I'm her father Tom Clark." He said. She nodded and typed on her computer.

"There's still no information on Stacey, but you can wait with that young boy over there for news on her." She said and smiled politely. He nodded and walked over to me.

When he sat down he turned to me. "I read her journal and realized how bad of a dad I've been and how much I've missed. I don't remember all of the times I've hit her it's all fuzzy. But she'll make it out of this. She's stronger than I've ever been." He said and sighed. "I just want to say I'm sorry and be the dad she wants." He said sadly.

I nodded. "You'll get the chance to do that. I'm the one who put her in here sir." I sad brokenly. He looked at me with sadness, anger, and a broken expression.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, as you read I chose popularity over my best friend. She tried to tell me they weren't my real friends, but I didn't listen. I still chose them over her. One day, which was 3 days ago, I went to far. She thought it was her fault for her mothers death and believed she could've stopped her...so...I-I told her t-that that m-makes her exactly like her father." I said and broke down crying for the first time in a long time. Her dad looked so broken.

"It's not entirely your fault, son. It was also mine. We were both not there for her so we're both at fault." He said and had tears coming down his face and he embraced me in a hug and we just sat there, crying together.

At least she'll have a better father.