Chapter 21

-Stacey's POV-

Sampson wouldn't stop licking the side of my face and I was about to go ape shit on him. I saw a gas station and decided to stop and see if that would get him to stop his weird face licking fetish.

Belle immediately stood up and looked out the window anxiously. I parked the truck and let Sampson out then opened the back door for belle.

They ran/jogged to the field nearby and did their business then came back. They hopped back in the truck.

"Stay here, I'll be right back." I told them. I started to walk to the gas station. When I walked in I grabbed a bag of dog food, some water, some beef jerky, and some nuts. I walked up to the cash register. The lady there smiled.

"Are they yours?" She pointed outside the shop. I looked to where she pointed and saw my wolfs. I then realized I never shut the truck doors.

"I'm sorry, yes they are. They won't harm you though." I said apologetically. She nodded and smiled.

"I know deary. Wolves are such nice creatures." I nodded. She handed back my items in a bag and told me to stay safe.

I walked out and my wolfs trotted over and followed me to the truck. They hopped in, except this time they both were up front. I sighed.

"I have one more thing to do so stay here this time." I said and shut the doors this time. I walked to the bathroom on the side of the gas station.

I looked at myself in the mirror. My hair was in a messy ponytail, my eyes looked dull, my lips held almost no color, and my skin was really pale. I sighed, pulled out my knife and cut once then did my business, washed my hands, then walked out.

As I walked towards my truck, I thought. Does Jake even miss me?

-Jakes POV-

Stacey wasn't in school, but at lunch her dad called saying I needed to come by the house after school.

After school I walked to Stacey's house. I knocked on the door and her dad opened it ready eyed. I looked at him confused. He made a hand motion telling me I could come in.

We sat down in the living room. He sighed and looked at me.

"Son, has Stacey talked to you lately?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because this morning I didn't hear an alarm go off from her room, so I thought she was already up. Later, she never came out of her room, so I went up and checked. When I opened the door, she and everything else was gone, only a note was left." He said. I listened and I took my time to process everything. Then it hit me hard.

She's gone.