Chapter 24

Well, how do I put this...lets see...

Ok well, Jake might've passed out from shock when I told him. Then Sampson and Belle looked at him like he was crazy and looked at me to see if what they were seeing was real. I shrugged.

"Do you two think you can get him to the truck?" Sampson walked over all high and mighty like it was going to be no big deal while Belle looked at him then me almost asking if I was crazy. I shrugged and walked to the truck.

I looked behind me to see Sampson sideways with Jake's upper body on his back while Belle was sideways with Jake's legs on her back. They did, almost a shuffle dance, towards the truck. I got in and dragged Jake from their bodies into the truck.

Belle and Sampson got in back and I started to drive. I was almost home when I received a smack in the face, only to see Jake was still asleep. I turned and continued watching the road when his head landed on my shoulder. I wanted to laugh but refrained from doing so. I was just about to turn into my driveway when I received another slap. I glared at his sleeping body and pulled into the driveway.

I got out and opened the back door so Sampson and Belle could get out. I decided to leave Jake in the car as punishment. I walked into my house with the wolves following. I walked in seeing my dad on the couch. He looked up at me confused.

"Where's Jake?" He asked. I shrugged.

"In the car." I smirked. My dad burst out laughing.

"Why, may I ask." He asked. I shrugged again.

"Last out when saw the wolves." I laughed. Only then I realized that was the first time since the abuse started I actually laughed with my dad for real. I smiled a real smile at the thought. That was until...an angry Jake appeared in the room...