Chapter 20

*3 months later*

-Stacey's POV-

Sampson and Belle are doing great. They've helped me survive these last 3 months. They're so sweet. They're well behaved also.

They're huge and love to exercise. Everyone is afraid of them. I feel kind of bad but at the same time happy people leave me alone. I have told the wolves all my secrets, and they seemed to understand.

When my dad knocks on my door they try to growl but I shush them before they can. I really hope my dad has changed. I started going to school a week after I bought my pets.

I wanted to cry my eyes out when Jake ignored me, but I've learned crying gets you nothing. It just shows you're weak when people get to close. Jake won't even look at me anymore. I've been forgotten by my best friend again.

I decided I'm leaving next week...

*Sunday*

Today is the day I leave. I snuck out and went to car shop. I bought a large bed Chevy truck. Then I was off with my pets and my belongings.

-Jake's POV-

I don't know why, but I feel like Stacey is alright without me. She comes to school and acts fine, but I can see it in her eyes she's not.

I sighed and walked to my room. When I got in I saw an empty room. I know what you're thinking, what happened to your room? Well I cleaned it out. I don't know what I'm going to do with it yet but I felt the need to do it for some reason.

I laid down. I started thinking.people keep saying they've seen her with two huge dogs. I know her dad doesn't like dogs so that couldn't have been her.

I started feeling tired and decided to go to bed early.

*dream*

I'm sitting in front of Stacey.

"I didn't deserve you Jake. I never did. I just wish you would've been there for me. It's too late to fix what's been done though. Think of those times when we were kids and we promised never to leave each other..." She started tearing up." It happened anyways. I always believed I was the reason for my moms death." I frowned.

"Then my dad started abusing me. I felt numb. I felt like nothing. Then you came back to me in my life. I actually thought things were getting better...but they were just getting worse. You left again...and now-"

*end of dream*

*Monday*

BEEP BEEP BEE- I groaned and got up. What was that dream about?