Chapter 6

I was sitting at home on my phone when the door downstairs opened, I mentally prayed he wasn't drunk, but not all things go my way.

He knocked on my door and I got up. Right as I got to the door, he must've become inpatient and banged the door open with it nearly hitting me across the face. He grabbed my hair and pulled me out of my room. That's when the next beating began...

*3 hours later*

I'm laying on the ground in so much pain. I try to move but I think he broke my ribs...again.

I groaned and started to crawl, but it hurt so much. I had just made it to the top of the stairs when my dad came out of his room and decided to kick me back down the stairs. I heard two more cracks and I knew I wouldn't be able to make it up there. Every breath hurt. I didn't want to breath. Tears flowed down my cheeks with every intake of breath. I whistled, god it hurt, but that's all I could do. Then came my Great Dane, Maggie.

I had found Maggie in an alleyway as a puppy about four years ago. She has a shiny, thin, black coat and she's huge. I love her to bits. She answered to my whistle and trotted over to me and laid down next to me. She then nudged my arm with her muzzle. I lifted my arm and winced in pain but that made it so much worse and I cried out, and she whimpered.

"Maggie, can you help me up?" I asked. She can somehow seem to always understand what I want her to do. She grabbed ahold of my jean jacket and started to drag me outside, I screamed in pain and finally blacked out. I just couldn't handle it.

*Wakes up*

I groaned softly. Mm this bed is super comfy. I think I'll lay for a bit lon- wait. Back up. Bed?

I shot up in the bed and screamed in pain at the pain. I then put a hand over my mouth and tears fell. My ribs throbbed in pain. Maggie almost shot off the bed in shock. She looked at me, got down and stood next to the door. I shook my head at her. I didn't want to stand up. She scratched at it and it opened slightly and she went out. When she came back up with a person following her, I almost screamed in annoyance. I glared at Jake then turned my glare to her.

"You brought us to Jake's house?!" I shouted at her. She gave me a puppy face as an apology. I sighed.  Jake just looked at me then headed into the bathroom and brought out a bottle of meds. I realized they were pain numbing meds. I groaned, so that's why there's pain. Stupid Jake.