Chapter 5

-Stacey-

"Sad huh?" I say as I walk up to Jake. He turns and looks at me with so much regret that I almost fell for it.

"You never told me. I thought, I thought you could trust me." He choked out, but I knew better. It would have been amusing if it wasn't this particular situation. I looked at him in anger, feeling betrayed.

"You think I would trust you after you broke your promise and ignored me all the time after that?! Would you trust me if I did that?! No!" I said. I was pissed, but with every word the pain in my heart ached more and more.

"You think I wanted to ignore you?!" He sounded so broken. "I only did what was best for the team and my future!" He yelled but immediately looked regretful. That's when I felt the pieces of my heart shatter down to my stomach. Of course he'd only do what was best for him and his team.

"I see how it is Jake." I said brokenly, I didn't have the strength to mask my feelings. "Have a nice spring break." I said and grabbed both my backpack and walked away. I went back to the clearing and screamed in pain. I knew no one would hear me. No one would come to comfort me and tell me it'd be alright. Memories flooded into my eyesight. It was like I was relieving every painful moment that's ever taken place in my life. Everything that Jake and I had all gone down the drain because of who I am and what I caused. It's my fault. Then the good memories flooded in but that was even worse because my heart knew they'd never happen again.

Jake and I having sleepovers in our treehouse, him coming over to comfort me, him being there for me when I was afraid of the dark, and so much more.

How is it someone can walk away so easily but leave so many memories.

-Jake-

I stood there. I couldn't move, I couldn't even bring myself to go after her yet again. I remember us having sleepovers in our treehouse, me being there to show her there's nothing to be afraid of the dark for, and how I was always there to comfort her.Even if I tried to convince myself the team took her place in my heart, I knew I'd be lying to myself. I started walking towards home thinking and I was thinking hard. I can't remember the last time we even did one hand motion to each other. It's like we were invisible to each other. No, she was invisible to you.

When I got home I dropped my bag near the door. I thankful that it was spring break, but I was also sad because I couldn't go and see Stacey.

I started to wonder what she was doing now.

-Stacey-

I got home and right when I walked through the door, a punch to the gut greeted me. All I did was grunt. I was pretty used to it by now. He swung at my face and got my cheek hard. My head whipped to the side from the force and I tasted blood. My dad pushed me down to the floor and started kicking me. I blocked out the pain and became numb. After awhile, it becomes as easy as breathing. I didn't move, I spaced off, and all I did was keep myself in the state of unfeeling.

Once he felt he'd done enough beating, he left and I started to head upstairs. I was still numb. I was walking but I couldn't tell if I was in pain or not. I walked to my bathroom started the shower and hopped in. I couldn't tell if the shower was even hot or cold.

I took the raiser and cut my wrist 4 times and once I reached the fifth cut, I could feel again. I was thankful but almost fainted from all the pain that suddenly shot through me.

I have a whole week to recover, but also a whole week to get worse. This is going to be a long spring break.