Chapter 9

-Stacey's POV-

I couldn't feel anything. As I walked home I didn't even know I was home until I was on my bed. I laid there. I couldn't think, sleep, cry, or feel. All I could do was lay.

I didn't hear my dad come home but I heard his bedroom door shut so I was okay for tonight. I laid there all night and heard my alarm clock go off in the morning but immediately turned it off. I got up, got redressed and headed downstairs. I didn't grab any food and started to walk. I still didn't feel anything.

I made it to school and walked in. Everyone stared at me and I just kept going. I walked into the bathroom to see what they were staring at and I noticed why. My blue eyes were now lifeless, my eyes had bags, and I was pale, like porcelain pale. I shrugged and walked out towards my locker.

-Jake's POV-

I know I should apologize but I don't want to lose my friends and my shot at going to a university, so I didn't apologize.

Stacey walked through the doors and my heart dropped. Someone even pinched her and she didn't react. What the heck.

She looks numb. Emotionless. Lifeless. I sighed and got ready for language arts with Stacey, I'll ask her what's up then.

When I got there Stacey sat in the back. Her eyes still held no emotion. I sat next to her and she did nothing. I pinched her, nothing. Class hasn't started yet so I yelled in her ear, nothing. She's still breathing but it's like she's somewhere far away. She's not here.

I waved my hand at her face and she finally turned to look at me. She looked at me as if saying to continue what I want to tell her.

"Look, I'm sorry about yesterday, but I had no choice. I didn't want to lose my friends and my chance at going to college." I admitted. She stared at me as if silently praying for me to apologize for more but I didn't know what. She nodded and looked back. She didn't even say one word.

She started to write something then she handed it to me.

'You may have said sorry but let me ask you this, who was always there for you when you needed someone, who was there to comfort you, and who was your partner in crime all the time? Were they? I don't know. I also think I am like my father. I mean I am the one that killed my mom aren't I? I could've stopped her, but I didn't. That makes me exactly like my father.'

When I was done reading I looked at her and she was still emotionlessly looking at me. I finally realized how far I'd gone this time. I had gone way too far.