Chapter 13

-Jake's POV-

When Tom and I sobered up we sat there for about another hour, anxious for some information on Stacey. Then the door burst open.

"Stacey!" The doctor yelled out. People winced but we just stood up even more worried for what we were going to hear. The doctor looked at us and walked over. "Ah so you guys are the ones that have been so anxious to get to see how Stacey is. Well you guys can come see her now." He said and started to lead us to where she is.

When I saw her my heart broke and I started to cry again. "I'll leave you guys alone now." The doctor said and we nodded in appreciation.

Stacey was sickly pale, she had tubes and needles sticking out from all over her, she had a bandage on her arm, and she looked dead.

Her dad looked so broken. He sat down in a chair and just held her hand like she could disappear at any moment. He sighed and looked out the hospital window.

"I'm sorry love, I've failed." He said and a tear slipped out and down his face. "I'll come back later, I just need some time." He said and patted me on the back then left. I looked at Stacey.

"I'm sorry Stacey. I can't forget you. You may not think so, but everyday your on my mind whether it's just for a second or for the whole day you are. I want you to come back Stacey. I know I broke my promise, and I want to make it up to you. But I can't do that unless you're here. You have to come back. Please Stacey. Your dad has changed. You should see him now. He actually cares. He's been here for you for as long as I have and he's read your journal." I said. Then I said something I didn't mean to say but I meant it and would tell her over and over because it's true. "I need you to come back because...Stacey...I Love You."