Chapter 27

"I'm sorry but...we weren't able to save her." He said grimly. That's when my world crashed down. The wolves and dog must've realized what he said because they started whimpering.

"C-can we see h-her?" I choked out. He nodded and led us to her room. The wolves and Maggie darted in front of the doctor to her room. Sampson got the door opened and they all rushed in. Sampson started whimpering nudging her hand wanting her to wake up...but I don't think he realized she wouldn't.

-third person POV-

Maggie knew she was dead but didn't want to believe it. Sampson knew she couldn't have been dead so he wouldn't give up trying to wake her up. Belle, Belle knew fully that she is dead. Belle laid her head on her legs and started, crying. She didn't know how but she did.

Then as if they knew each others thoughts, Sampson and Belle sat together and howled a mournful, full of sadness, howl. People started looking at the scene seeing the dogs crying and howling while Jake and Stacey's dad were crying, they also teared up.

Stacey's dad stormed out of the room. He couldn't take it. Maggie followed him. She ran after him trying to get him to stop what he would do. She crouched in front of him not letting him get by her. She barked when he tried to jump over her. He kneeled down and broke down.

Maggie started to comfort him as Belle, Sampson, and Jake were in Stacey's room. The wolves still howling and Jake still crying. Jake started to pull them away from Stacey but they wanted to stay.

"You guys have to come away from her. S-she's not c-coming back." Jake choked out to them. They whimpered one last time and left with Jake to his car.

Stacey's dad took Maggie home with him because she was the only one right now to comfort him. Jake brought the wolves home. When he got home he realized how much they were connected to Stacey. It wasn't just love. It was a bond that only they shared, that as time went on it grew, that they would protect her as she protected them, the bond was broken when she died. They feel it's their fault.

-Jake's POV-

When I got home I let the wolves out of my car. A struck started to drive by and I saw how they perked up thinking it might be Stacey. The truck drove by and they ran to the edge of my drive way, waiting for it to come back.

"Come on guys. She's not going to come back." I said and they lowered their tails and heads following me inside. They went and laid down together on my couch.

I walked upstairs and when I reached my room I broke down.

You were supposed to come back, not forget your best friend...